4.5 Beta 2 - Moving Notes Between Files

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 14 2011 4:14 PM | Locked

Maybe this was possible before, but I noticed you are able to drag a note from one file and move it to another note file...handy if you have multiple notes open, it gets added to the wrong file and you've added text to the note.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 4:53 PM | Locked

Hi Andrew,

Great to see you back in the forum!

Andrew McKenzie:
Maybe this was possible before

If i understand your correctly, this has been around for a long time.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:00 AM | Locked

steve clark:
If i understand your correctly, this has been around for a long time.

steve clark:
Great to see you back in the forum!

Thanks Steve on both points....thought it might have been around but I have not used notes much for a long time .....finally they are doing something with them....lots of valid points have been raised that Logos needs to take into consideration, but overall I am comfortable with the concept....

Posts 132
Bill Stevener | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

Step 4 of the article "How can I copy/move notes to a New Note file" says:

Move your mouse to the left side of a note that you want to move/copy to the new Note file. You will see a blue bar appear. Click and drag the note....

This works in my Windows version but not the Mac version... by design or oversight? Both are 4.5 SR5.

Bill

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:09 PM | Locked

Bill Stevener:
This works in my Windows version but not the Mac version.

Bill - The wiki article you linked to is about a previous version. If you are trying to move a note on Mac (from a file, into another file), click to the left of the note icon (little box) and drag into the new folder. NOTE: You will need to have both folders open and visible in tabs (not one tab hiding behind another). 

If you need help again with a MAC related issue, it would be best to visit the Mac forum found HERE. We wouldn't want to confuse any windows users. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 132
Bill Stevener | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Thanks... Sorry about the confusion - I had searched for "moving notes" and responded to what I found... didn't see that it was Windows-specific.

When I hover over the note, there is no blue indicator at all, not like there is on the PC. BUT, if I click as you suggest and drag as if I had something, it works!

Thanks,

Bill

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 8:17 PM | Locked

Bill Stevener:
When I hover over the note, there is no blue indicator at all, not like there is on the PC

You may want to start a new thread on the Mac side to bring this to the attention of the developers. Personally, it took me a while to figure out how to move them. An indicator like the one you mentioned would be welcomed.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS