Logos 4 Passage Guide Search is slow?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:38 PM | Locked

I just completed the Logos 4 installation process today and conducted a passage guide search on John 3:16. Ummmm, it's been about 3 or 4 minutes and the search is still not completed. My desktop computer is new (Macintosh Desktop-4 GB RAM and 640 GB Hard drive). I'm operating in the windows portion of my desktop utilizing VM Fusion. Logos 3 works great, but Logos 4 is very slow and sluggish. 

Did I do something wrong during the installation or is this the best I'm going to get, in terms of overall performance? This is my first time posting and I'd appreciate any help and advice you can give. 

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:42 PM | Locked

Is indexing completed?

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:58 PM | Locked

I guess so, but I'm not for certain. I began loading the software last night and left it on throughout the night. The software started when I clicked the icon this morning, so I thought it was ready to go. 

What should I check to make sure the indexing process is completed?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:00 PM | Locked

Is there a little blue icon in your task bar. 

If so you can hover over it and it will tell you the status of indexing.

If you are still indexing please go to Tools - Program Settings and turn off Automatic Updates as this may trigger a download of the new service release which will then cancel your indexing and begin again.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:01 PM | Locked

Sorry,

Another quick check is to run a basic search.

If you are indexing, a message will appear stating this.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:09 PM | Locked

I don't see the icon so I'm assuming that the indexing process is completed. I'll try a basic search later this evening. Think I have had enough for now. THANKS so much for your help! I truly appreciate it. I'm sure I'll eventually grow to love V4 as much as I loved V3. Having access to my library, via the iPhone, was reason enough for me to upgrade. Now, I'll just have to save enough to get the iPhone!

Blessings!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS