Slow scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:02 AM

How do I turn off the surface part of the bible.  It keep wanting to do the surface, I don't need it to.  I thought the continual text comparison was doing it but thats not the case.

All I am doing is scrolling through a bible, but it hesitates due to the surface setting that I can't turn off.  Thanks!

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:14 AM

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "surface" -- could you describe what it is that you're referring to? The word "surface" has a particular meaning in the Logos UI ("surface text" refers to the normal non-footnote text of a book), but that's obviously not what you're talking about (you wouldn't want to turn that off, I'm guessing), so I need you to use other words.

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:10 AM

Yes, open the NKJV bible and in the window at the bottom you will see surface.  I don't need that part and while it scrolls it always hesitates.  It is a duplicated verse that I don't need since it is already in the window.  Hope that makes sense.   

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:28 AM

Gary George:

Yes, open the NKJV bible and in the window at the bottom you will see surface.  I don't need that part and while it scrolls it always hesitates.  It is a duplicated verse that I don't need since it is already in the window.  Hope that makes sense.   

That's the interlinear ribbon.  There should be more lines than just "Surface" (but they are selectable).  To turn off the interlinear ribbon, click on the "Interlinear" button at the top of the Bible window.

This video explains the Interlinear features: http://www.logos.com/video/2336/reverse-interlinear

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:33 AM

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:45 AM

Great thanks that was the issue sort of.  It still scrolls intermittently.  Thanks for the picture too.  youtube is slow most the time as I am in Haiti.

Posts 348
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:05 AM

Gary George:
youtube is slow most the time as I am in Haiti

Gary, you may want to change two of your program settings "Automatically Download Updates" to "No" (or change the setting to a time when your not studying) and also set  "Use Internet" to "No". This will help with your scrolling issue, but remember to change them back so you sync and get updates. These Program Settings are found when you click on "Tools" and "Settings" from the top bar.

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:45 AM

I did that but i notice that the scrolling is still slow, or rather lags.  Seems like it should scroll smoother.  : )

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 11:49 AM

Gary George:

I did that but i notice that the scrolling is still slow, or rather lags.  Seems like it should scroll smoother.  : )

That may be an indication that your computer is a bit under-powered for Logos 4.  What are your computer's specs?  Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:23 PM

Have a macbook pro.  It was only when they went to logos for mac when it happened.  Libronics worked smooth for me.

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:00 PM

Gary - are you running Logos 4? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:02 PM

Yes.  Logos 4

Posts 98
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:34 AM

Any more insight to slow scrolling? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:42 PM

Gary George:

Curious about Logos 4 Mac version and MacBook Pro model (especially CPU) ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:01 PM

Gary George:

Check the wiki on performance issues.

Having lots of linked resources and having several visual filters active can really slow you down.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS