ask for recommendation

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Alan@Aki | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 16 2011 12:32 PM

Dear all,

i'm new to Logos and i own a Bible Study version for my theological study use.

and i would like to ask for any recommendation for Hebrew and Greek Grammer tools? i want to purchase one or each for my study and focus on preparation sermon. 

any recommendation? thanks in advance!!!

Posts 1339
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:47 PM

Hi Alan,

I am not sure if you have a base library... you may because you mention "Bible Study Version".... I would suggest you put your money into the libraries. If you buy resources individually you will pay much more....

I think for Greek BDAG is necessary but you might as well get the Platinum package which includes BDAG +. I know its a bit of money, but I have not been disappointed myself.

Thats my .02. God bless

Mike

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:49 PM

Well, for the best value I suggest upgrading your base package to Scholars or above. It will give you a good variety of tools for original language study.

Posts 1814
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:12 PM

Hi Alan, do you have training in the original languages? If not, like me, some of the Hebrew and Greek resources may be a bit difficult for you to use. As a simple layperson I use the AMG Bible Essentials dictionaries a lot. http://www.logos.com/product/9438/amg-bible-essentials

You may be able to find this cheaper by searching on the web. If you get the Libronix version (Loos 3 on a disk) you can still have them activated in Logos 4 by calling customer service with the serial numbers.

There are a lot of other resources out there, this is just one of my favorites.

Posts 6
Alan@Aki | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 8:13 AM

Dear all,

thanks for all your replies here. all are helpful to me. 

i think i would consider to upgrade to scholar version in soon.

thanks very very much!

Posts 21
Monty Bower | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:29 PM

A Grammatical Analysis of the Greek New Testament by Zerwick & Grosvenor is a great tool. I've used it in hard back and in Logos for many years.

i7-2630QM (2nd Gen), Radeon HD6770M 1G (DDR5), 8G DDR3, 1 TB 5400 HD, Win10 64

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS