Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:02 PM | Locked

Melissa wrote: "Logos 4 Betas cannot be downgraded to a stable release. You will need to uninstall, delete all Logos4 folders, then reinstall the stable release if you no longer wish to run a Logos 4 Beta."

Ok, so I tried removing everything to do with Logos, but must have missed something since I am unable to install the last stable release.  Can someone list the folders required to uninstall?  Or is there an uninstallation script?

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:21 PM | Locked

I tried using Amnesia to uninstall, but that didn't work.  I then used Houdaspot to find anything with the text 'logos' in it and realized that a folder in Application Data was still there as well as some saved state.  Once I removed that, the older release works.

Posts 5467
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:18 PM | Locked

But beware - the format of your notes/sync data may have changed and you may not be able to use them on the older release.

This was the point of the early warning about using the beta being a one way street.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:22 PM | Locked

Ryan Schatz:
I then used Houdaspot to find anything with the text 'logos' in it and realized that a folder in Application Data was still there as well as some saved state.  Once I removed that, the older release works.

Wondering if wiki deletion list => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#Uninstalling_and_Reinstalling_in_Logos_4_Mac  needs updating ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:25 PM | Locked

Ryan - As Mike suggested, you are playing with this at your own risk. In addition to the Logos 4 folder in your Applications folder, your files are found in the following path: /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Logos4 

If you are using Lion, you will need to hold down the option key to find your library folder under the "go" menu in the finder window. 

Another option for you would be to install a stable version of Logos4 in another account on your computer. This way you can have a beta install too. 

EDIT: See KS4J's post above.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:56 PM | Locked

alabama24:

Ryan - As Mike suggested, you are playing with this at your own risk. In addition to the Logos 4 folder in your Applications folder, your files are found in the following path: /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Logos4 

If you are using Lion, you will need to hold down the option key to find your library folder under the "go" menu in the finder window. 

Another option for you would be to install a stable version of Logos4 in another account on your computer. This way you can have a beta install too. 

Thanks, I was able to uninstall and reinstall and everything seems to be working.  Apparently the changes that are made are not sync'd with the old data so they are being kept separate for now.  So there appears to be no risk to going back to the stable release.

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:57 PM | Locked

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Ryan Schatz:
I then used Houdaspot to find anything with the text 'logos' in it and realized that a folder in Application Data was still there as well as some saved state.  Once I removed that, the older release works.

Wondering if wiki deletion list => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#Uninstalling_and_Reinstalling_in_Logos_4_Mac  needs updating ?

Keep Smiling Smile

That wiki page is great!  Thanks for highlighting it.  I guess if I have any questions in the future, they are likely answered somewhere on the wiki.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:24 AM | Locked

Wiki is searchable.  Also if not find an answer in wiki, please ask in forum discussion (many Logos 4 Mac wiki updates followed forum discussions).

Keep Smiling Smile 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 8:51 AM | Locked

Ryan Schatz:

alabama24:

Thanks, I was able to uninstall and reinstall and everything seems to be working.  Apparently the changes that are made are not sync'd with the old data so they are being kept separate for now.  So there appears to be no risk to going back to the stable release.

Furthermore, changes that you make in Notes, Highlights, Highlight Styles, and Favorites will no longer sync from the stable client (anywhere/ever) once you have run the beta.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 131
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 9:34 AM | Locked

David Mitchell:

Furthermore, changes that you make in Notes, Highlights, Highlight Styles, and Favorites will no longer sync from the stable client (anywhere/ever) once you have run the beta.

Hmm... ok.  Well, that's a bit annoying, but I guess I'll have to put my notes/highlights in on another machine where I do have the beta installed.  However, I couldn't do any research with the beta on my macbook as it was crashing too much.  Perhaps I'll re-upgrade to the beta again soon.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS