Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Dale BUNNETT | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:44 PM

Hi i have just uploaded 3 mp4 files 17-35mb one seems to play back fine the others seem to be have corrupted in the transcode...lost sound images and pixalted..

Is this a known problem..

Thanks Dale

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 5:05 PM

Yes, we are aware of some quality issues that have crept into our transcoding service. We are working on the problem.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:41 AM

Is there a maximum file size for uploading files?

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 10:43 AM

Marc Rickabaugh:

Is there a maximum file size for uploading files?

We currently cap the size of video uploads at 200 MB. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 6
Simon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:58 AM

Hunter Clagett:

We currently cap the size of video uploads at 200 MB. 

Thanks,

Ah, bother - I've a pile of backgrounds here, of which 15% top out at 207-229!

Can I ask: what format/bitrate are you transcoding to - may as well output things we create in the right format if possible.

Thanks

Simon

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:42 PM

I have been converting my videos to 480x640 MP4s.  Because of the nature of most projectors, this smaller video will still look pretty sharp.  Won't look great on a computer monitor, but projectors will be fine.  Plus, MP4s are highly compressed, versus AVIs and WMVs that most backgrounds come as.  I have found that this has made my 200MB videos around 40MBs.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 9:02 AM

Simon Jones:

Ah, bother - I've a pile of backgrounds here, of which 15% top out at 207-229!

Can I ask: what format/bitrate are you transcoding to - may as well output things we create in the right format if possible.

On Mac videos are transcoded into .mp4 format. In Windows videos are transcoded into .wmv format.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 9:26 AM

Really?  WMVs are awful, even on our PC.  Our Windows machine doesn't have a single WMV on it.  Everything we do on that PC is mp4.  Smaller files, faster playback, less crashing.  Seems odd that the MP4s we upload from our PC are getting transcoded to WMV, when it will play MP4 just fine.

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 9:43 AM

Sadly, the set of available video codecs differs from machine to machine. We would like to send mp4's to PC's as well and cut our transcoding/storage expenses in half, not to mention program complexity. Transcoding is the price we pay in pursuit of a presentation that is platform-agnostic. In the end, wmv was the only format we found consistently supported across all target Windows machines.

--Todd

Posts 28
Anton E Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2012 9:38 AM

Is it an issue that we are using multiple platforms (Mac and PC)?  Our videos are not transcoding correctly. We create on a Mac and deliver the video through a PC and projector.

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 19 2012 7:59 AM

No, it sounds like you're doing things correctly: being able to develop a presentation on a variety of machines is one of the particular features of Proclaim. Transcoding quality remains an issue to be resolved, however.

The work-around in the meantime is to host the files locally on your presenting computer and refer to them there from the presentation slides.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:16 PM

Video transcoding issues should be resolved. Please try re-uploading and let us know if you still see artifacts.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS