Perseus collection download made available - now Logos 4 crashes on startup

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:12 AM

Well... that's not good. I just got an email saying that the Perseus collection was available to me now.

So go to start Logos 4 — it immediately crashes. Even if I restart my machine and have nothing else running.

Great.

Has anyone else got the same situation? Perseus collection released to them and then directly after the next time they try to load Logos 4 it crashes.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 17
Gary Takahashi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:23 AM

I'm having the exact same problem!

Posts 37

You are in good company.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:27 AM

Here are my logs, with logging enabled via terminal.

4885.Logging-20111019-2025.zip

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:29 AM

Dr. Bill Moulden, M.Div., D. Min.:

You are in good company.

The companionship might be good, but the pain isn't Crying

KSFJ — C'mon on down!

Posts 2
Michael Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:31 AM

I have the same problem.  Here are my logs:

3264.Logging.zip

Posts 1
Terry Tung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:43 AM

Just talked to tech support.  There is a problem with the Logos application trying to communicate with their servers.

Take your Mac off the internet, bring up Logos 4 in offline mode.  This at least will open up the Logos application.

They are looking into the problem.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:52 AM

Patrick S.:

Well... that's not good. I just got an email saying that the Perseus collection was available to me now.

So go to start Logos 4 — it immediately crashes. Even if I restart my machine and have nothing else running.

Has anyone else got the same situation? Perseus collection released to them and then directly after the next time they try to load Logos 4 it crashes.

The problem is NOT with my Logos 4 installation. I am not a Logos 4 log reading expert however this...

10/19/2011 20:20:24 |  WARN | 6 |   AsyncWorkItem | Async work threw exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Not supported Content-Type in the response: ''at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHelper.InvalidOperation (System.String message, System.Net.WebResponse response, System.Text.Encoding enc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReceiveResponse (System.Net.WebResponse response, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension[] extensions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke (System.String method_name, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at LDLS4.WebServices.WebSectionsService.SecureWebSectionsService.GetWebResources (System.String language) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) LDLS4.WebServices.WebSectionsService.SecureWebSectionsService:GetWebResources (string)  at LDLS4.WebServiceClient+<GetWebSectionsWork>c__IteratorA.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[Libronix.Utility.VoidType].EnumMoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1[Libronix.Utility.VoidType].EnumMoveNextWithCatch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

suggests to me that there is something on the Logos web services server(s) which is misbehaving.

To test - I disabled Ethernet on my iMac. After a couple of attempts then Logos 4 started fine. I then disabled Internet access in Logos 4 preferences and Logos 4 starts fine.

So it seems to me that something related to Perseus download on Logos servers is messed up.

What is annoying to me is that Logos 4 goes down in such a very ungraceful way - accessing remote resources which are never guaranteed to work/be available always. It should report an error and continue to load.

Anyway anyone with more access to Logos staff/processes able to shed any light?

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:59 AM

Terry Tung:

Just talked to tech support.  There is a problem with the Logos application trying to communicate with their servers.

Take your Mac off the internet, bring up Logos 4 in offline mode.  This at least will open up the Logos application.

They are looking into the problem.

I'm not in the US so I'll pass on ringing them. If someone could post a reply to the forum if they have any news that would be great - thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:18 PM

Patrick S.:

KSFJ — C'mon on down!

Already "down" (since currently cannot connect online with Logos 4 Mac even when launching to a blank layout), archive posted => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/39840/297283.aspx#297283

Caveat: Logos 4.5 Beta 2 on Windows 7 can launch and connect online.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:30 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Patrick S.:

KSFJ — C'mon on down!

Already "down" (since currently cannot connect online with Logos 4 Mac even when launching to a blank layout), archive posted => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/39840/297283.aspx#297283

Oh how the mighty are fallen... Confused

Posts 38
LogosEmployee
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:37 PM

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with Logos 4. We are aware of the problem and currently are working on resolving them. You should be able to use Logos 4 Offline during this time. Thank you for your patience as we work on a resolution.

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 1:33 PM

I'm up. Anyone else?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Michael Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:20 PM

I'm up--and thankful!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:14 PM

Patrick S.:

Thankful for Logos life changing experiences Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:05 AM

alabama24:

I'm up. Anyone else?

10-4

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:07 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Patrick S.:

Thankful for Logos life changing experiences Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Luke 10:20

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS