John Piper's Sermon Library

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:01 PM

In case new users come across this old thread, you may like to know that it's now possible to have John Piper's sermons appear in your passage guide, using this Personal Book.

Posts 6
Jason Grubbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:13 PM

Thanks, this is something I have been looking for for a long time.  I know this may be a dumb question but how do I get the .doc file into my logos books?

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:20 PM

Jason Grubbs:

Thanks, this is something I have been looking for for a long time.  I know this may be a dumb question but how do I get the .doc file into my logos books?

1. Download the .docx file and the cover image.
  2. Go to Tools > Personal Books
  3. Click Add book
  4. Enter Title
  5. Enter Author (optional)
  6. Choose the book Type (Bible Commentary).
  7. Optionally add the cover image: click Change... under the blank book cover and choose the image you downloaded earlier.
  8. Click Add file... and select the .docx file from your hard disk.
  9. Click Build book
Posts 6
Jason Grubbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:26 PM

Mark,

Thanks, that is really a nice addition to my John Piper Sermon Library.  

God bless you!

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:38 PM

Thank you Mark!!!!

Posts 142
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 4:22 PM

Josh,

Your question is valid but I think some of the answers are just complicating and making more of it that what really is. And It is very simple, really.

They are sermons.

But because of the way these Bible expositors teach the Bible their sermons "Functions as" a commentary.

What is a commentary? Some one that comments of a book of the Bible. Your notes are your commentary over the books of the Bible as you study them. As you know, there are different types of commentaries. 

They are not saying that they are Commentaries with uppercase "c" but that because they teach book by book, verse by verse, in an expository manner "Functions as" "like" a commentary. Keywords "Functions as" and "like".  Neither of the two words means "is" a Commentary.

So it is rather simple. It amazes me how sometimes we tend to complicate simple things.

Posts 135
Jason Skipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 5:24 PM

Superb!

Many thanks.

Posts 46
Peter Bongers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:32 AM

Thank you so much! What a helpful addition to my library and to Logos!

I especially love that you can access the sermons which are not available in Logos by clicking on the link... brilliant! Smile

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS