Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Tom VanderPloeg | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:21 AM

Maybe I missed this, is there any way to upload more than one image at a time when adding an image slideshow?  Currently I convert my sermon powerpoint to images (lets me keep all the fonts and layout exact) and put it into MediaShout as a batch with one click.  But it seems like adding images to Proclaim only allows for one at a time.  I'd prefer not to spend 20 minutes uploading my sermon notes because I can only do one slide at a time.

Posts 17
Rob Schlegel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 8:03 PM

I agree.. this is what I am doing as well.  I bulk image upload would be great for slides or backgrounds.

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 8:59 PM

As of now, there is no way to do a bulk upload.  Here's my work-around:

I create a Content object.  Then, I upload my blank PPT background.  Then, I create my slides from within Proclaim.  By using the Customize option, you get to make it look as it might look in PPT.  Here's an example:

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:01 PM

FYI, this also make it easy to quickly fix typos, which I noticed after I uploaded that image.  Now, I don't have to fix it in PowerPoint, export as an image, and re-upload.  I just change the text.

Posts 16
Eric Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:18 AM

I agree with the others though.  The limit of one image at a time is time consuming if you want your background to change slightly as you progress through your slide show.  Hoping that they come up with a fix soon

Posts 28
Anton E Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 6:22 AM

@Scott- I've voted for this feature, but is this really something that would get passed over for something like 'song editing'?  A bulk image upload feature is incredibly basic.  I'm surprised it wouldn't be completed already.  We have the Beta on our media machine and our teams have experimented with it on a very limited basis but we are not taking Proclaim seriously until this feature is in place.  We can't even try it real-time until that happens.

Posts 2731
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 6:49 AM

I'm in agreement with Anton. If I could give all ten of my votes to this one issue I would. This is a wheel of the car, not a seat warmer. I can't drive it off the lot until this feature is included.

Posts 168
Lucas Herlitz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 9:22 AM

I would like to ditto Anton's comment.  This isn't something that should be voted for.  This is a required element for Proclaim to be used outside of a beta environment.

Posts 4
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 3:16 AM

I agree too, along with background uploading of files.

I'm currently adding a video and its taking ages to encode. While that's happening I can't use Proclaim.

Without this I won't be able to use Proclaim on a regular basis even if it continued being free!

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:27 AM

Bulk uploading of images has been added as a planned feature now. If you visit the uservoice page linked above you can monitor which requested features are officially in the pipeline.

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS