Hebrew Vowel Points Do Not Line Up

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Kent Mundhenk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:11 PM

Thanks Drew,

It is disappointing that my current Android device will not display Hebrew as it. There is a way to upgrade Android software but at some point the hardware will no longer be compatible, so we will have to see. Nevertheless, I appreciate the work Logos has put into this issue.

Posts 5
Mathieu Pelletier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:01 PM

Thanks for that link, Drew.  I have seen that thread previously and this was my primary reason for upgrading to Jelly Bean.  I was hoping this was the new version in which the diacritics would have been fixed in Android.  Oh well.  I guess we will have to wait some more.  If anyone has a chance to test this in 4.2 let us know the results. 

As to how other software achieves seemingly aligned diacritics, this is most likely done by resorting to some non-unicode font.  I know Bibleworks still uses a special font on Windows to display their non-english texts.  I can only say that this results in a lot of frustration when a student cuts and pastes and wonders why his/her Greek/Hebrew is not displaying as they expect it to.  I do think resorting to non-unicode fonts would be a step backward rather than forward, even if it gives the illusion of solving the problem.  Far better to get the fonts displaying properly.

Posts 582
LogosEmployee
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:14 AM

Check out my post in this thread for an update on Hebrew Vowel points: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/53055/424167.aspx#424167

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS