Can I change the location where my resources are stored?

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:07 AM

Robert Pavich:

Edited:

How do you edit one of these posts once it is posted. I didn't think you could do that?

Posts 1606
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:12 AM

Edit is an option under More>

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:14 AM

Great idea,

I always forget that Windows has symbolic links too just like unix. Let me see if I can get that to work.

Dave G

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:15 AM

thanks J I wont write up my procedure YOU GOT IT

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:17 AM

Kenneth McGuire:

Edit is an option under More>

Thanks Kenneth, I never knew that was there!

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:18 AM

I like your icon, where can I get something similar?

Posts 1606
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:43 AM

DaveGifford01:

I like your icon, where can I get something similar?

I'm assuming you are talking about mine.  It is a painting from Lucas Cranach made as an altarpiece for St Peter and Paul in Weimar.  I found it via Google Images, but if you really want to find out about it, go to http://cyberbrethren.com/cranachpainting/

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:27 AM

Humble and has the coolest avatar!

Posts 27
Todd Zuidema | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:42 AM

I'm getting into this conversation late, so, my apologies.    I upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 a week ago and am feeling my way through the software.  For the most part, I love the new changes, but miss some of the macro customizations and visual markups I had with 3.0.  Looking forward to adding these in future updates.

My question is related to this issue, but a little different.

Short request.   What is the path where logos 4.0 stores resources?  I still have 3.0 on my computer, but I don't want to delete anything before I know where everything is, what I need, and what I don't.  

Also, I have some non-Logos Calvin Commentaries I would like to move to 4.0, if possible.  If not, I will probably have to shell out $$$ for the Logos version, but I would like to avoid that expense, if  I can.

Thanks for your help.

TZ

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:01 AM

ToddZuidema:
Short request.   What is the path where logos 4.0 stores resources?  I still have 3.0 on my computer, but I don't want to delete anything before I know where everything is, what I need, and what I don't.  

On Win7 it's here: C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\2e2k45uv.psv\ResourceManager\Resources

Tip: if you set your Libronix path to include this path, you can use remove duplicates to significantly reduce your hard drive demands for Logos resources. HOWEVER, LDLS will automatically choose the default path (C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources) over the new path, if the resources have the same version. So you'll have to do all the check boxes manually. Start by deselecting all, and then go through them all one by one until you finish. What I did was do 100-300 at a time, removed them and the duplicate report reran automatically. I then continued as needed until I finished.)

ToddZuidema:
Also, I have some non-Logos Calvin Commentaries I would like to move to 4.0, if possible.  If not, I will probably have to shell out $$ for the Logos version, but I would like to avoid that expense, if  I can.

If you mean the Ages set, I have them and they work perfectly in Logos4. If you're not seeing them you may wish to scan for them from the command bar. Type scan c:\program files\Libronix DLS\Resources (for a 64bit Windows OS change to ...c:\program files (x86)\...)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:18 PM
Another option would be to use Windows search function to find files with the ".logos4" extension. Search for "*.logos4".
Posts 556
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:46 AM

with all the discussion of semantecs and supported functionality, did I miss if the suggested way to relocate resources actualy worked? :)  my resources directory is over 30 gig (just big enough to NOT fit on a 32g usb thumb drive for backup.  and i too would like to move it to a secondary drive location.  win7 home premium 64bit.

just wondering if i need to uninstall/reinstall or not.  don't mind doing that, but takes a few days for the full process and reindex.

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:48 AM

Brent Hoefling:
just wondering if i need to uninstall/reinstall or not.  don't mind doing that, but takes a few days for the full process and reindex.

Follow the instructions here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Install_in_different_folder_or_drive

There are two options: Uninstall/Reinstall or use "Junction" to 'fool' Logos into thinking it's in one place, when it's really in another.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 556
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 3:06 PM

thanks.  I did the (built in Win7 MKLINK) junction option.  but the initial instructions on this thread left out an important piece, just a typo...

4. Open a command line and change to the C:\USERS\<username>'\APPDATA\    folder.

should read:

4. Open a command line and change to the C:\USERS\<username>'\APPDATA\local    folder. 

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS