Windows Restore loses recent syncing.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:54 PM

When my computer goes down I restore the system from a windows image (made by win 7).  Restoring the image brings my computer back to that previous day (eg: day1).  That's good.  The problem though, is that somehow the Logos servers do not update my restored computer.  Instead my restored computer "updates" the cloud and I lose all changes I made since the restore date (day1).

Is there a way to restore Logos4 to current data and settings and layouts?  I know the Logos servers have the info, but how do you tell the servers that they have to update my computer, not the other way around?

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:17 AM

Sync works on a timestamp, so what is newest should prevail, whether on your computer on in the "cloud". Exactly how far behind was the image?   What document(s) have not been sync'd to you

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:52 AM

Thanks.  From your reply it seems it should be working- and that time-stamp idea is a good way to do it.

I was quite sure that my recent layouts would have become available after syncing a few times.  Maybe I'm wrong about what I got done in 5 days.

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:35 PM

Steve Vandevelde:
 I was quite sure that my recent layouts would have become available after syncing a few times.

Only the ones you named are sync'd (not the Snapshots).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 68
vandevsr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:17 PM

I gave it some time. Now, to make sure it syncs.  I'm not sure if a Windows Image Restore changes the timestamp to the moment of restoring, making the restoration of the old o.s. "new".

Besides the snapshots (layouts) not being synced, are the hidden resources under tools-program settings getting synced?  I hid a lot of Perseus stuff, but now, after restoring, they are unhidden.

Posts 27058
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:53 PM

Steve Vandevelde:
Besides the snapshots (layouts) not being synced, are the hidden resources under tools-program settings getting synced?  I hid a lot of Perseus stuff, but now, after restoring, they are unhidden.

Hidden resources are sync'd.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS