Greek Lexicon of the Roman and Byzantine Periods (146 BC - 1100 AD) in community pricing

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 5:21 PM

DMB:

So, why do I keep running into 'Sophicles' and most don't? I can assure you I am not too swift.

You don't need to run into it when you can detour around it.  If you're too slow, we can put you in training.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10124
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 5:33 PM

Ha. Well, a good portion of all my time was spent digging around in the Testament of Solomon. I was most intrigued by its close association with 'Beelzeboul' (synoptics), Solomon's Temple viewed negatively (Acts 6), and then the odd usage of cosmos-tyrants in Eph 6:12.

But returning to my poorly described 'point', a good way to understand the NT greek/concept usage is to move to the next generation's writings and how they looked at it (thus the need for Sophicles)

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 6:52 AM

Agree--I would like to see the Greek Lexicon in production.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:46 PM

This still remains the only Byzantine era dictionary on offer. Recently an increasing number of Greek scholars have began emphasizing the need to consult later Byzantine as well as earlier Classical definitions when considering the possible meaning of a Greek word used in the NT:

http://www.logos.com/product/8513/e-a-sophocles-collection

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS