Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 22
Karl Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:20 AM

The Android Intro Web site page mentions that Rev Interlinear is available (currently from the way I way I read the web page). However, I can not find any mechanism for turning ON the Rev Int Display.  Am I missing something, or is this capability not present yet?

thanks,

karl

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 30 2011 4:17 AM

Karl Miller:
The Android Intro Web site page mentions that Rev Interlinear is available (currently from the way I way I read the web page).

It is available indirectly when you long press a word (you must be online)  i.e.

manuscript

lemma

morph

Strong's

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9219
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 12:57 PM

What exactly does it mean to "long press" a word. Could you explain the process more please?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:00 PM

a "long press" means that you select a word by placing your finger on it & holding it there until the window with the reverse interlinear information appears

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 9219
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 1:58 PM

I was guessing that is what was meant by a "long press". I guess what I am having trouble with is actually opening a reverse interlinear in Android. I know how to do it on my computer (clicking the drop down menu at the top) but I'm not sure how to do that in Android. I have pressed every button I can think of.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 6:48 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I was guessing that is what was meant by a "long press". I guess what I am having trouble with is actually opening a reverse interlinear in Android. I know how to do it on my computer (clicking the drop down menu at the top) but I'm not sure how to do that in Android. I have pressed every button I can think of.

The word long press whilst online is the only way to expose interlinear information (and provide Bible Word Study). You can download the bible to your device but the reverse interlinear data remains with the Logos server.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9219
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 3:52 AM

Again, I understand the idea of "long press" but what I said before was

"I guess what I am having trouble with is actually opening a reverse interlinear in Android. I know how to do it on my computer (clicking the drop down menu at the top) but I'm not sure how to do that in Android. I have pressed every button I can think of.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 10:15 AM

Bruce Dunning:
but what I said before was

Bruce

"The word long press whilst online is the ONLY WAY to EXPOSE interlinear information".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13
Brendon Branigin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:18 PM

On the ESV you just longpress a word and it provides the info - should work similar for other rev-interlinear equipped translations

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS