Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2011 8:09 PM

Joseph Ratzinger, a.k.a. Pope Benedict XVI, is one of the greatest theologians of the 20th century. This recognition has come to him from Christian theologians of many denominations.  His "Jesus of Nazareth" books, in this collection, are incredible - a very thoughtful analysis of the historical Jesus who we know through scripture. Introduction to Christianity is a book that IMHO rivals Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. His footnotes and bibliography transcends all Christian denominations.  This is a collection any serious student of Jesus Christ could learn much from!!!

Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI Collection

on prepub now!!

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 9:12 PM

Sorry.. not interested in this one.

Posts 10653
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 12:35 AM

I'm in on this from day one, 'cause even though I own much of his writing in print (in German language), this is really valuable stuff and deserves coming up in Logos searches and guides. Ratzinger is one of the deep thinkers and is not afraid to go where scripture, faith and thinking leads him - even if this means he is too conservative for current continental Europe's university theology and too liberal for North American evangelicalism. Makes him likeable way beyond the RCC, I think. But even those who don't like him for various reasons deserve to recognize him as an outstanding theologian.

Mick 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 291
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 12:54 AM

I've also been in from the start. 

Posts 10731
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:56 AM

I—an Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB)—am in. If I want to know what Catholics really believe, I should go to the source and not to the straw men erected by the evangelical opponents of Catholicism. 

Posts 74
James Ogle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 7:37 AM

Yes I'm in.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:47 AM

Jack Caviness:

I—an Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB)—am in. If I want to know what Catholics really believe, I should go to the source and not to the straw men erected by the evangelical opponents of Catholicism. 

wish more evangelicals were as fair as you are!

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 9:53 AM

Yes

Posts 10731
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:51 PM

nicky crane:

Don't get me wrong. I still have many disagreements with Catholic theology, which I will not discuss on this forum. Objections should be based on fact, not on fantasy.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 4:11 PM

...and thank you all, it's under development!!!!

Big Smile

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 4:49 PM

Jack Caviness:
If I want to know what Catholics really believe, I should go to the source and not to the straw men erected by the evangelical opponents of Catholicism. 

I'm in since 6/1/11 for pretty much the same reason...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 6:05 PM

Jack Caviness:
nicky crane:
Don't get me wrong. I still have many disagreements with Catholic theology, which I will not discuss on this forum. Objections should be based on fact, not on fantasy.

I have found going to source material is much better than accepting a critic's evaluation without confirming the points claimed. I was pleasantly surprised to discover this Pope has been such a prolific writer. We have a track record available to read. I also find the subject matter of his books to be interesting. Anyone who has the ear of billions of people should not be ignored, even especially when you don't agree with him.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS