JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:20 PM

Yup.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 1:24 AM

alabama24:

Gary Butner:
My faith isn't moving this mountain.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Good comeback! 

Posts 60
Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 6:24 PM

as was the comparison to the Judgment Day....

but all joking aside, many people will start new reading plans on January 1.......highlighting would sure be handy for those new reading plans..........

Posts 28
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 1:30 PM

Well if you noticed the release that was put out this week was not adding syncing up notes/highlights. It was just a couple of bug fixes. If you haven't noticed the trend of releases there won't be another this week. So Highlighting will not be a part of this years additions. I agree having highlighting for the beginning of the new year's reading plan would have been great but i guess it wouldn't be until next year. :(

Hopefully it will be in January. So it won't be a lot of reading that isn't highlighted. But i won't count on it. I am glad i suggested getting a Bible in some other app to my friends and congregants, so they could highlight and add notes now. I know that what logos is providing to us will be far superior to the product other apps have given but highlighting is a huge issue. It is pretty funny that if you flip through the pages of the forum it seems like every page has one comment on highlights it appears to be what everyone wants followed by notes.

Posts 1
Terry Barker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:57 PM

Thanks for that  answer but who says the desktop app HAS to be up and running first? Seriously? That is very 20th century thinking. Most developers realize that the handheld is the future and that they technology developed there is being ported back to desktops. Apple inc. is a prime example.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:27 PM

Terry Barker:

Thanks for that  answer but who says the desktop app HAS to be up and running first? 

Logos has told us this

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:48 PM

Terry Barker:
Thanks for that  answer but who says the desktop app HAS to be up and running first?

Logos is primarily a Bible Study Software company. The mobile app is designed to primarily service the desktop app users.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:00 PM

I think it was Bob, in a much older posting, refered to one of the reasons that Highlighting is so hard to get right. Assuming I'm remembering it right, one of the early issues was to do with how the positions are recorded. Lets say I want to highlight words 3, 4, and 5 of John 3:16 in ESV. How is that data item recorded? If you pick something too simple, it breaks when there is a typo update, or minor edit made to the ESV text.

My understanding is that the more recent issues is a simple scaling issue with how the updates are synced between the clients and the servers.

My simple view of the solution is that if the server and each client kept timestamp values on user-data, then the small subset of any that are more recent on one, and needing to be synced to the other should make it "easy" to solve. I trust and hope that the Logos developers have got the core plumbing right in the new "Sync 2" designs.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS