Newly Discovered Disease Spreading Among Pastors and Ministry Leaders

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:07 AM

A newly discovered disease is spreading quickly among Bible scholars, pastors, and ministry leaders. Chronic Logos Impulsive Purchasing Syndrom (CLiPS) is easily identified by examining a credit card statement of an infected user. Other symptoms include large resource libraries numbering in the thousands, compulsive clicking reactions to the words "Quick Buy," and rapid panting when mutli-volume resources are announced for pre-publication.

Cases have been reported in all parts of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, on the European Continent, parts of Africa, Asia, and in New Zealand. Even Australia, an island off the coast of New Zealand, is seeing outbreaks of the disease.

Effective treatment options are yet unknown. Doctors recommend isolating infected users in a quiet, comfortable room with plenty of milk and cookies. Coffee can be also given as an alternative to the prescribed milk.

As more information about CLiPS becomes available, it will be reported through these forums. 

###

Posts 2685
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:12 AM

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:24 AM

Tongue TiedTongue TiedTongue Tied

Oh so true, oh so true.

Another symptom though. Productiivty levels drop significantly in proportion to the acuteness of the disease.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:26 AM

Help, I'm infected! Someone get me an antidote.

Posts 1803
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:40 AM

Big Smile

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 8:18 AM

Chris Eller:

and in New Zealand. Even Australia, an island off the coast of New Zealand, is seeing outbreaks of the disease.

Effective treatment options are yet unknown.

Peace, Chris!                     and                                           Great Joy in the Lord!

Incredible humour!         Well-done, indeed!                     Much appreciated!               Thank You!                                      Psalm 19:1

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:21 AM

Chris Eller:
A newly discovered disease is spreading quickly among Bible scholars, pastors, and ministry leaders. Chronic Logos Impulsive Purchasing Syndrom (CLiPS) is easily identified by examining a credit card statement of an infected user. Other symptoms include large resource libraries numbering in the thousands, compulsive clicking reactions to the words "Quick Buy," and rapid panting when mutli-volume resources are announced for pre-publica

I'm sorry. What makes this a disease?

I can stop any time I want to. In fact I stopped myself twice, just yesterday.

Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1873
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 11:26 AM

Chris Eller:
Effective treatment options are yet unknown.

My remedy is to tell my non-tech (she has never used a computer and refuses to learn) wife about a prospective purchase or pre-pub. Her questions regarding the need for the resources is a powerful antidote to impulse-buying.

I have yet to extend the technique to CPs, because they are such good value! Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 6473
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 12:59 PM

Chris, could it reach the islands of the Caribbean, or has it been isolated to the first world countries? I sometimes get this itch!!! 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:04 PM

It can easily spread to the Caribbean! Victims of CLiPS are know to have been infected by a single email. Smile

Posts 14
Chris Eller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:16 PM

More details about CLiPS is becoming available. Images of CLiPS in a single-cell form have become available. In most cases, CLiPS begins through the following entry point:

Simple, but deadly. 

Posts 10426
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:41 PM

Alan Macgregor:
My remedy is to tell my non-tech (she has never used a computer and refuses to learn) wife

My wife successfully avoided computers until about 5 years ago when she started working in the family business. She has become rather competent, but still prefers killing trees for Bible Study.

Posts 10426
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 1:43 PM

Chris Eller:
Australia, an island off the coast of New Zealand,

Big Smile

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:43 PM

Jack Caviness:

Chris Eller:
Australia, an island off the coast of New Zealand,

Big Smile

Watch out, or we'll cough on you...lol! 

Posts 2184
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 8:27 PM

I think it's terminal (as in computer terminal) Wink

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 8:43 PM

Chris Eller:

A newly discovered disease is spreading quickly among Bible scholars, pastors, and ministry leaders. Chronic Logos Impulsive Purchasing Syndrom (CLiPS) is easily identified by examining a credit card statement of an infected user. Other symptoms include large resource libraries numbering in the thousands, compulsive clicking reactions to the words "Quick Buy," and rapid panting when mutli-volume resources are announced for pre-publication.

Cases have been reported in all parts of the United States, Canada, Great Britain, on the European Continent, parts of Africa, Asia, and in New Zealand. Even Australia, an island off the coast of New Zealand, is seeing outbreaks of the disease.

Effective treatment options are yet unknown. Doctors recommend isolating infected users in a quiet, comfortable room with plenty of milk and cookies. Coffee can be also given as an alternative to the prescribed milk.

As more information about CLiPS becomes available, it will be reported through these forums. 

###

Oh, oh !  I can tell from the symptomology that I've had this for years.  Is there an antidote?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 8:54 PM

Chris Eller:

Wonder about CLiPS effect for Black Friday and sales in December (plus Twitter, Logos NewsWire, mail promotions, ...) ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18595
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 9:26 PM

Is there any known way to prevent the spread of the disease? I think I'm infected and want to make sure I don't infect others.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2011 1:23 AM

Rosie Perera:

Is there any known way to prevent the spread of the disease? I think I'm infected and want to make sure I don't infect others.

Too late Rosie, too late. It is just one way road. Sorry to say it so flat...  Stick out tongue

Bohuslav

Posts 18595
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:42 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Rosie Perera:

Too late Rosie, too late. It is just one way road. Sorry to say it so flat...  Stick out tongue

What, you mean I've already infected you? So sorry. Well, at least now we can hang out together as we're both infected with the same virus, and don't need to worry about one of us catching it from the other, as we both already have it!

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS