Request: ISO image of install disk

Page 3 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

An ISO image of the Logos 4 Install Disc (Windows-only, SR-5) is available for download from ftp://ftp.logos.com/Logos4/ISO/SR5/Logos4-SR5-Windows.iso

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:46 PM

Sweet - thanks!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:27 PM

Way cool, we need a torrent tracker now. 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 37
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:40 PM

Thank you soooo much.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:45 PM

Bradley Grainger:

An ISO image of the Logos 4 Install Disc (Windows-only, SR-5) is available for download from ftp://ftp.logos.com/Logos4/ISO/SR5/Logos4-SR5-Windows.iso

Does this include the resources or must they all be downloaded. I be installing on a number of computers at a school, so it would sure help if they all did not have to download the books.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:

Does this include the resources or must they all be downloaded.

It includes all the resources in the Scholar's Library: Platinum collection (and below).

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:23 PM

Bradley Grainger:
It includes all the resources in the Scholar's Library: Platinum collection (and below).

Perfect. Thanks!

Posts 0
Daryle Froese | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:54 PM

Thank-you very much!  I've burned the ISO image onto a DVD.  Is there a way to get an existing Logos 4 installation to look to the DVD for resources instead of trying to download?

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:08 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks Bradley :)

Posts 15
Thomas Wenck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:29 PM

Will this ISO be updated for the latest version?

Posts 38
jcc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 10:03 AM

Hi Bradley,

Can you (or anyone else) also make the iso for the Logos 3 image available?

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5592

I've been trying to upgrade through the script through the download option and it keeps downloading the first book over and over again.  Plus I would like to have the install program so that I can re-install when I re-image my computer.

I bought the media disk, but it's for logos 4, and it's out of date already.

Thanks,

Posts 38
jcc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 9:53 PM

Bump. :)

Also any plans to update the DVD image for download to the latest 4.0b SR-2?

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 2:49 AM

Bradley Grainger:

An ISO image of the Logos 4 Install Disc (Windows-only, SR-5) is available for download ...

First, thanks Kenneth for making the request, and thanks Bradley for acceding to it. Very much appreciated. Smile

Now, my question and please pardon my ignorance. But I thought that the L4 Install Disc was for both Windows AND Mac:

"If you order Logos Bible Software 4 today (on DVD-ROM), you will receive one disc that installs the Mac Alpha on Macs, and the Windows version on Windows."

Source: http://www.logos.com/mac/disclaimer (emphasis mine)

So this ISO image is not an image of the same install disc? How is it that the ISO image is Windows only? Not to mention that the download is 7.55 GB, which is nearly all the space on a dual-layer DVD. So where has the Mac stuff gone?

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 11:57 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Two hopefully simple questions  Smile

#1: "Windows-only, SR-5"?  According to my help menu, my Logos 4 is at SR-2 and is SR-3 still not in Beta? How can it be SR-5? Am I missing something (admittedly I have not followed the link yet).

#2: Can this information be made in the wiki so that in the future I am not rattling my brain trying to find this thread? Not sure if just anyone is allowed to make a new wiki page and I'm not sure how to even if I am allowed.

Thanks,

Rick

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 5:36 PM

Richard, Theophilus.

This is a very old thread. Apparently Logos hasn't updated the ISO image in a loooong time. If you want them to, perhaps a new thread to make this request would be appropriate.The ISO is from 4.0 SR-5! Even if you were to download it there would be another download for all the updates that have been released since then.

Rick: You can create a wiki page if you think there is a need, all you need is a Logos account, but given the outdated nature of the ISO image I would suggest that it would be less-than-helpful unless the image is updated.

Theophilus: Logos probably left the Mac off this to save bandwidth. The DVDs they ship may include the Mac Alpha but with bi-weekly releases they are quickly outdated. When I upgraded at the release of Logos 4 they stuck a little slip in my package directing me to the Mac disclaimer page that encouraged me to ignore the Mac version on the disc and use the download.

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 8:25 PM

Thanks Kevin and the rest who I may have inadvertently  inconvenienced. I did fail too look up a few posts and notice the date.

Thanks for the information and sorry again!  Embarrassed

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 8:54 AM

Hi, i'm from Indonesia. is free  (ftp://ftp.logos.com/Logos4/ISO/SR5/Logos4-SR5-Windows.iso)? orI have to buy serial number or something? Thanks.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:16 AM

You will have to buy a serial number.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 4:55 PM

Yohanes, The Logos engine is free, but you will have to buy a package to get enough books to really use it. 

http://wiki.logos.com/Free_Logos_Books

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 7:23 PM

@Thomas:

Thanks Thomas. But I don't really need a package. I have a Logos Software version 2 and I have the Word Biblical Commentary and the Complete Works of Cornelius Van Til. It's enough for me, but I just need the user-interface of Logos Bible Software 4.

@Mark:

Surely I don't have money to buy that. So it is very useless if I download that 7 Gb iso link right?

Page 3 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS