Trouble getting Proclaim to extend to projector

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10
BRIAN | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 14 2011 5:29 AM

I have been using a different worship software and am wanting to switch to Proclaim.  Using our old software when I open it up I can set my computer where it extends my desktop to my projector.  When using Proclaim in the extended desktop mode nothing shows up on the projector screen.  I can duplicate my screen but then everything on my monitor shows up on the projector screen.  Anyone having this problem or know of a solution?

Brian

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 5:33 AM

Hi Brian

Are you saying that you don't get anything projected through the projector when you click the "On Air" button?

Graham

Posts 10
BRIAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 5:38 AM

Yes, when I click on air nothing different happens on the projector screen even though it shows that I am on air on my computer and even on the proclaim app that can be used to control the program.

Brian

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 6:12 AM

Hi Brian

This is strange - and I am seeing something similarly strange on my computer here!

What version of Proclaim are you using, and is it on Windows or Mac? I am using 0.29 Beta 6 on Windows 7.

This is always worked for me in the past - I have the edit screen on my primary monitor and when I click "On Air" it puts the projector image onto the secondary monitor.

I have just tried this now and when I click "On Air" it moves the control screen to the secondary monitor and displays the projector image on the primary monitor.

From your description you are getting something similar but different.

Logos - any changes in the recent beta which would cause this or is there some parameter setting somewhere?

Graham

Posts 10
BRIAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 7:29 AM

I am using Windows 7 the Proclaim version is o.29.0.175  and when I open it, it says Beta.  I have the edit screen on my primary computer and when I click on air it opens a little screen also on my monitor.  I would think that the little screen should be extended to the projector but for some reason it isn't.  I have just recently downloaded Proclaim and it hasn't ever worked right.  Whenever I click on air nothing opens on the secondary screen.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 8:38 AM

BRIANLEWIS:

I am using Windows 7 the Proclaim version is o.29.0.175  and when I open it, it says Beta.  I have the edit screen on my primary computer and when I click on air it opens a little screen also on my monitor.  I would think that the little screen should be extended to the projector but for some reason it isn't.  I have just recently downloaded Proclaim and it hasn't ever worked right.  Whenever I click on air nothing opens on the secondary screen.

How does your Projector connect to the computer? I'd also be curious to know how you have your display settings set (this can be accessed by opening the Control Panel > Adjust screen resolution). 

Specifically, what do you have under the two sections I highlighted above.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 8:46 AM

Hi Hunter

I know my symptoms are somewhat different to Brian's but thought I would provide this information as well.

I am using a laptop with an external monitor asking as the "projector screen" - they are connected for a standard VGA cable.

Screen settings are as below:

Graham

Posts 2
Joshua Finkbonner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 10:04 AM

I was able to fix this by dragging the "on air" screen to the left where I have the secondary "projector monitor" and maximized the window

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:44 AM

Joshua Finkbonner:

I was able to fix this by dragging the "on air" screen to the left where I have the secondary "projector monitor" and maximized the window

By default, Proclaim should push the Presentation (projection) window to the secondary monitor. 

I'd be curious to know if Proclaim didn't keep this setting between sessions after you have it set up the way you desire.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2
Joshua Finkbonner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 4:45 PM

I only tried it a few times but after my initial setup it seemed to retain that setup.

Posts 3
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 8 2012 4:54 PM

I am having the same issue with our iMac the 'On air" screen shows up on the iMac monitor and not the LCD screens. We are using Mini display port to HDMI. When i move the "on air" window to the extended desktop, it moves the control window too. I have it on my macbook and will try and mess with it from home with the same setup. Any assistance is helpful. 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 4:02 PM

Stephen:

I am having the same issue with our iMac the 'On air" screen shows up on the iMac monitor and not the LCD screens. We are using Mini display port to HDMI. When i move the "on air" window to the extended desktop, it moves the control window too. I have it on my macbook and will try and mess with it from home with the same setup. Any assistance is helpful. 

These are the steps you are taking?

And when you go Fullscreen with the editor window moves to the second monitor as well?

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 12
Scott Head | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 4:27 PM

This has happened to us as well on our new iMac.  There really needs to be a setting item in the application.  If for no other reason than for some of us moving a really small mouse on the projection screen to find a "Full Screen" button isn't practical, especially when we don't have a second monitor at the iMac to mirror the projection.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 12:13 PM

Scott Head:

This has happened to us as well on our new iMac.  There really needs to be a setting item in the application.  If for no other reason than for some of us moving a really small mouse on the projection screen to find a "Full Screen" button isn't practical, especially when we don't have a second monitor at the iMac to mirror the projection.

A good observation! I have communicated this issue to our developers for review.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1
Daniels Bible Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 10:23 PM

Hunter Clagett:

These are the steps you are taking?

And when you go Fullscreen with the editor window moves to the second monitor as well?

Thanks,

Ive had the same issue getting the presentation to go to the projection screen. I tried the steps you mentioned above and after moving and hitting full screen it opens the presentation full screen on the iMac and shoots the editor to the projector screen. I've tried to do this multiple times and get the same results.

Thanks

Posts 3
Christopher Hutchinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:43 PM

I am having the same issue working from my macbook pro. The "Proclaim Presenter" does not show up on the projection screen. I have been at this all night and need some simple steps to remedy this issue. (I do not have a second monitor, everything has to be done from the one laptop. I am trying to see if I get this up and running for Sunday Morning Worship. (Chris)

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2012 11:45 AM

Christopher Hutchinson:

I am having the same issue working from my macbook pro. The "Proclaim Presenter" does not show up on the projection screen. I have been at this all night and need some simple steps to remedy this issue. (I do not have a second monitor, everything has to be done from the one laptop. I am trying to see if I get this up and running for Sunday Morning Worship. (Chris)

Are you mirroring the display? That is, do you see the same thing on your laptop screen as the projector screen? If so you will have to go On Air, click the full screen button in the upper right corner of the presenter window, and navigate forward and back using the arrow keys. 

Posts 3
Christopher Hutchinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2012 1:54 PM

Thanks Scott. I am mirroring the display and I did try to use the full screen. However while in full screen I cannot seem to navigate between the slides that I created. The arrow keys don't work. In preview mode the arrow keys work fine advancing to the next slide. They do not work with the "Proclaim Presenter."

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2012 3:41 PM

Alright, that sounds like a bug. I'll create a case for it. In the meantime you might consider extending your display to the projector. Proclaim will work better if you can use the control window to control the presenter window (you'll be able to see upcoming slides, skip ahead, click out of the pre-service loop, etc.).

Posts 59
Douglas E Cutting | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 3:45 PM

I just started having the same issue this past weekend.  I will note that I only had the problem when I was logged in as a standard user in Windows 7.  When I was logged in as an administrator, it worked fine.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS