Missing sync icon

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:24 AM

One of my Logos 4 installations, the sync icon is missing (missing as in not there - not as in greyed out; it is present in the other two installations). I have tried toggling between yes and no in the "Use Internet" setting, then restarting Logos, to no effect. I have also tried using the manual "Sync now" command then restarting Logos, also to no effect. Ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:34 AM

Bill Coley:
the sync icon is missing (missing as in not there - not as in greyed out;

Bill, I noticed this as well on the Mac Beta last version.  However it was inconsistently missing so I never reported it.  I'm curious to know what version of Logos you're running and on what platform.

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:23 PM

Paul Newsome:
I noticed this as well on the Mac Beta last version.  However it was inconsistently missing so I never reported it.  I'm curious to know what version of Logos you're running and on what platform.

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

Curious that you've experienced this oddity on occasion in the Mac Beta.

In the installation in question in my original post, I am running Logos 4.3 SR-6 (4.30.0.1613) on a Win XP-SP3 platform. The two installations where the sync button is present are Win 7-Home and Win XP-SP3 respectively.

One other characteristic of the problems with the at-issue installation that I should have mentioned is that its home screen contains only daily devotional material - there are no Logos promotional announcements or blog posts or a book of the day box. The visible home screen content consumes perhaps 1/3 of the widescreen's width. Very odd.

Thanks for your interest,

Bill

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 12:57 PM

Bill Coley:
In the installation in question in my original post, I am running Logos 4.3 SR-6 (4.30.0.1613) on a Win XP-SP3 platform.

Let's see some logs  -  http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

i.e. logos4.log

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 2:19 PM

Dave Hooton:

Let's see some logs  -  http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

i.e. logos4.log

Thanks for your interest, Dave.

Attached is the .ZIP version of the Logos log file I just created. Oddly, when at the Logos log-in screen, I cannot connect to the Internet (browsers work fine). I *thought* I corrected this problem last week (thanks to another forum user) via updated root certificates, but apparently not so. Please tell me whether the log file reveals anything about the log-in issue.

Thanks,

Bill

0458.Logos4.zip

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 3:30 PM

Bill Coley:
Please tell me whether the log file reveals anything about the log-in issue.

there is a problem with login. The log shows there is a system web proxy http://127.0.0.1:53758/; no credentials i.e. your own computer. This may be set in Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings. Try clearing it or set to a value that works for your other computers. If you still have problems then contact Logos Tech Support and cite this thread.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 185
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:27 AM

Dave Hooton:
there is a problem with login. The log shows there is a system web proxy http://127.0.0.1:53758/; no credentials i.e. your own computer. This may be set in Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings. Try clearing it or set to a value that works for your other computers. If you still have problems then contact Logos Tech Support and cite this thread.

Success!! Thank you, Dave, for your time and talent. Once I cleared the proxy server setting in the LAN settings, all was well again. Not sure how I turned on the proxy server, but it doesn't matter now. Many thanks.

Blessings,

Bill

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2011 2:32 PM

Bill Coley:
Not sure how I turned on the proxy server,

It could be spyware - use your security suite to run a full check for peace of mind! And clear all your Cookies.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS