Logos 4 'compare version' does not work

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mike Finnie MAR, Theology | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:58 PM | Locked

I have the scholars edition (logos 3) upgraded to Logos 4.  In 3, I could compare versions by clicking on any of the versions listed in the box.  With Logos 4, I have the box with the versions listed, but nothing happens when I click on them.  

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 4:02 PM | Locked

Noticed that myself, i was going to ask the same question. That said, one can still do "compare version" via Tools selecting "Text comparison"

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 10:41 PM | Locked

Any of these text boxes that accept multiple bible versions require a comma separated list, like: ESV, KJV, NIV, ... which you need to type manually.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:16 PM | Locked

Mike Finnie:

I have the scholars edition (logos 3) upgraded to Logos 4.  In 3, I could compare versions by clicking on any of the versions listed in the box.  With Logos 4, I have the box with the versions listed, but nothing happens when I click on them.  

In addition to the compare Bibles from the tools menu, you can compare your currently selected verse in your top 5, or so, prioritized Bibles by pressing F7. But as far as I know, it will only work for one verse, and there is no ability to highlight differences. Still, it's a quick way to check for an issue with a particular verse.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:49 PM | Locked

Darren Paul Wright:

Any of these text boxes that accept multiple bible versions require a comma separated list, like: ESV, KJV, NIV, ... which you need to type manually.

In 3, One could compare versions by clicking on any of the versions listed in the box.  With V4, I have the box with the versions listed, but nothing happens when I click on them.  Is this feature now gone from V4 even though we still have the compare Bible box? I do know the various ways of doing Compare bible version in V4 but my question specifically is. If the feature of clicking any bible in the box to compare bible version is now gone from V4? If this is the case then what is the use of the compare bible box? Just curious to know since there is also a "Passage Analysis" feature.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:48 AM | Locked

Ted Hans:

In 3, One could compare versions by clicking on any of the versions listed in the box.  With V4, I have the box with the versions listed, but nothing happens when I click on them.  Is this feature now gone from V4 even though we still have the compare Bible box? I do know the various ways of doing Compare bible version in V4 but my question specifically is. If the feature of clicking any bible in the box to compare bible version is now gone from V4? If this is the case then what is the use of the compare bible box? Just curious to know since there is also a "Passage Analysis" feature.

Ted

Surely Dave,Todd,Philip,Robert and Damian you know the answer to my question. PLEASE what is it? How does it function on your system, can you confirm. Thanks

Ted

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:55 AM | Locked

Sorry Ted,

You're confusing me for a power user :)

Compare Versions is not a tool I use... So I can't compare v3 to v4

But, I can't see the point of this box as it now stands...

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:58 AM | Locked

Damian McGrath:

Sorry Ted,

You're confusing me for a power user :)

Compare Versions is not a tool I use... So I can't compare v3 to v4

But, I can't see the point of this box as it now stands...

Thanks, well you have earned the status recentlyWink

Ted

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:07 AM | Locked

Ted Hans:

Ted Hans:

Ted

Surely Dave,Todd,Philip,Robert and Damian you know the answer to my question. PLEASE what is it? How does it function on your system, can you confirm. Thanks

Ted

Like Damian, I don't use this tool, but you're right: It doesn't do anything when you click on it.  Perhaps Logos should do something about that.  I don't find the visualizations very useful, but maybe Logos thinks the graph is useful in itself.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:46 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Like Damian, I don't use this tool, but you're right: It doesn't do anything when you click on it.  Perhaps Logos should do something about that.  I don't find the visualizations very useful, but maybe Logos thinks the graph is useful in itself.

Thanks Todd much appreciated.

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS