Prioritizing Some Series

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:04 PM | Locked

I have been prioritizing my favorite commentaries. I have NAC and Pulpit Commentary and others.  I would also like to get the Opening Up series and the MacArthur Bible Studies up there too, but unlike the others I mentioned, these last two do not have an option for prioritizing the series.  I would have to do each individual volume.

How else could I do that? Create a collection? How do I prioritize the collection? Ideas?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:11 PM | Locked

Kevin,

You seem to be right. Probably a metatag issue. When we get the ability to do that, it will probably be possible to make new series. On the other hand, maybe King Bradley (Bob is Emperor) will get this in an update.

I see no way to prioritize collections. I think prioritizing is limited to individual resources and series.

Chris

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:16 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

I have been prioritizing my favorite commentaries. I have NAC and Pulpit Commentary and others.  I would also like to get the Opening Up series and the MacArthur Bible Studies up there too, but unlike the others I mentioned, these last two do not have an option for prioritizing the series.  I would have to do each individual volume.

How else could I do that? Create a collection? How do I prioritize the collection? Ideas?

There is a thread on this issue which I just can't seem to find in which people have been posting problems with faulty metadata....

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:23 PM | Locked

I did a work around by creating a new Passage Guide template with those two series in a collection. But now it finds every instance of that passage in all the books in that collection rather than just the section about that specific passage. So if the commentary on Matthew quotes verses from Hebrews, the Matthew commentary is showing up in a Passage guide on my passage from Hebrews. Not horrible as it kind of works like a cross reference with commentary. Serendipity. But not an elegant solution.

I'll look forward to a fix.

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:27 PM | Locked

Kevin,

The problem with the Opening Up and Mac. Bible Studies is that neither of them are tagged under the Series Meta data. It is something that Logos will need to add in so that they can be prioritized.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS