Plan to Update Commentary Titles?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 94
Rob | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:59 PM

Logos: Is there any thought of updating the titles on commentaries such as the NICOT/NT that cannot be identified in the passage guide since they just say "Commentary on ...", but not the series name?

I am thinking of manually changing all the names, but want to check before doing so since I am not sure if my custom titling will override any changes you make in the future.

Rob

www.3rdcultureliving.com - Simple Abundant Legacy

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:18 AM

Yes, some of them are not at all clear from the titles given.

The better option, imho, would be to use the abbreviated title and to show us the full name with a hover (as in the Library). 

not this:

but this:

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:22 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread. Damian any info on the oxford bible commentary, i can't get it to show up on the passage guide. Thanks

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1697
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:29 AM

I don't think that anyone can get the Oxford to show in the passage guide.  It is tagged as a monograph instead of a commentary in the current metadata.  Logos says they can fix metadata without changing the resource, but the person in charge of this at home sick.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:29 AM

Rob:

Logos: Is there any thought of updating the titles on commentaries such as the NICOT/NT that cannot be identified in the passage guide since they just say "Commentary on ...", but not the series name?

I am thinking of manually changing all the names, but want to check before doing so since I am not sure if my custom titling will override any changes you make in the future.

Rob

It does make it alot easier. I went ahead and did this with most of the series. If you copy "NICOT: " you can click a title, hit home, hit CTRL +V and your done. It can go pretty quickly. Here's the benefit.

Posts 2783
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 8:06 AM

Kenneth McGuire:

I don't think that anyone can get the Oxford to show in the passage guide.  It is tagged as a monograph instead of a commentary in the current metadata.  Logos says they can fix metadata without changing the resource, but the person in charge of this at home sick.

Thanks for the info.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS