Text comparison missing feature/problem

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 10:20 PM

I was reading through the help file about the text comparison feature.  It states that you can click on A next to the passage box to show differences in the bible passages, but I don't see the A there anywhere.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 2715
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:16 PM

When  click

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 5:59 AM

I am not seeing this for some reason.  ???  Is this an option I need to turn on somewhere?

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:32 AM

I don't THINK so....it appears that there is something wrong...

mine shows the buttons.

Possibly call tech support?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:37 AM

It seems like some of the base packages do not have this feature. I've seen this in other posts and I think that was the conclusion. What Base package do you have?

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 7:03 AM

It is true.  I went though this on Thursday with Logos L2 support.  The "Shaw Differences" feature in the Text Comparison capability is not avialable unless you have the Scholars level (or higher).  I have the Leaders level so I do not have the Show differences feature.  Seems like a pretty basic ability though-I wish it was available..  Still, Logos 4 has tons of other really cool capabilites to to great Bible Study! 

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:06 AM

I have the Bible Study package.  I guess that explains it.  Thanks.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:22 AM

I have the Leaders Package which I had upgraded from the L3 equivalent, but i'd already purchased the text comparison as an add-in and it seems to be recognised now that I've migrated to L4. It's an extra cost but it works and may be an option for you..

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:05 PM

This is listed as a feature in the help file of the Bible Study Library level (which is what I have). so, now we cannot trust the help file?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:06 PM

William J Cook:
This is listed as a feature in the help file of the Bible Study Library level (which is what I have). so, now we cannot trust the help file?

Good catch. Personally I think it should be available in all version, but I missed that board meeting.

Posts 5
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:02 PM

I just upgraded my Bible Study Library from the L3 to L4 package, and am very disappointed to find out that the "Show Differences" and "Show Base Text"  features in Text Comparison is only included with the Scholar's Library and above.

A video on Text Comparison highlights both of these features.  There is no mention in the video that the features are only available with certain libraries.  As William mentioned in an earlier post, the description of the features appear in the help database for the Bible Study Library.  I was fully expecting this feature to be included with my upgrade to the L4 package.

From what I can tell, the comparison chart does not show these features to only appear on certain base versions (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If this is the case, I believe the comparison chart should be updated to denote any features which not available for all versions.

I also believe that any tutorials/videos on features only available for certain libraries should clearly state which libraries actually contain the feature.

Posts 27987
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:25 PM

RobertHilker:
I also believe that any tutorials/videos on features only available for certain libraries should clearly state which libraries actually contain the feature

I agree; not only does it not mislead you on what you have but it also helps in determining what to upgrade to.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
David Dewey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:16 PM

It is also the case that if you ask for more detail on any base package, it shows the text comparison graphics in a screen shot. This is misleading.

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:31 PM

I scoured logos.com, and there is NOWHERE (that I can find) that says it is not included in any package.  It seems like a key feature, and should be included.  If I had to pay additional for it at this point I would, but I wish I would of known it was not included from the start. 

Posts 15
Daniel Denham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 11:17 AM

Logos needs to remedy this problem.  After looking at the promo before buying Version 3, I was puzzled why I did not have this feature in the Bible Study Library edition after I purchased it.  I discovered it was an add-in at extra cost. 

Before upgrading to V4, I reviewed its features and it again promoted this text comparison feature.  However, after upgrading, it is not resident in my version.  I emailed Logos about the missing feature, but it has not yet responded. 

Logos either needs to send this add-in to all registered users of Version 4 regardless of edition, or plainly advertise that it is an add-in feature of certain and specified editions that must be purchased separately.  That's called "truth in advertising".

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 11:26 AM

When I copy and paste into my Word Document, it does not spread out nicely as Version 3 did...it stacks them up on the left side...not pretty anymore....please bring this option back....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 15
Daniel Denham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 12:41 PM

I apologize for not being totally accurate on my previous post.  After further examination, the upgrade page at http://www.logos.com/upgrade shows at the bottom of the Logos edition comparison chart under Features and Databases that this feature is included at the Languages and higher editions (not in the Leader's and below).   I am not sure how to get the tool for Version 4, but the instructions below take you to a location to download the add-in, which adds this functionality to Version 3.

Searching for "Version Comparison (Bible Analysis Addin)" takes you to the following link where it says:  "NOTE: This addin is currently available only for Libronix 3.0 on the Windows platform.".  Perhaps this means it works with Versions 3+ but not Versions <3. http://www.logos.com/addins/details/%7BFCB128CC-129B-498A-B16B-BA7B0663C20C%7D

I want to add this functionality to my Library Edition, V4.  DSD

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:25 PM

Has anyone received a reply yet from Logos on this issue? After viewing the video, and upgrading to Leaders Level, I was disappointed to find out I could not use this great tool. Is this really only for the higher levels or something that will be added later?

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 6:08 AM

I e-mailed them, left a message, took 2 days to call me back.  I was satisfied with their reply.  It's worth it to contact asap.

Posts 3
Garry R Wilt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 9:05 AM

Two of us here at the church office upgraded to Logos 4.  I went to Leaders edition and the other person to Silver.  I too noticed that he has more "program" icons that I have, even though the training DVD that came with it said the text comparison screen has the two icons.  Thanks for the information.  It would be nice if they would also show some of the program differences as well as the library differences in the comparison chart.  It may help with making a decision on which version.  So far, other than a few missing items, I love the upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS