Greek root search without accent

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Bryan Chan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:01 AM

Is it possible to ignore the accent in performing a Greek root search?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 11:28 AM

Bryan Chan:

Is it possible to ignore the accent in performing a Greek root search?

If you do a bible search rather than a morph search, this can be done.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 26193
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 12:32 PM

George Somsel:
If you do a bible search rather than a morph search, this can be done.

How?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18
Bryan Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 1:31 PM

Dear George,

Thanks very much for your reply. However, when I perform the root search of *κλη* under bible search, the search results still miss the words with an accent mark on "η".

Thanks again and blessings,

Bryan

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 1:51 PM

Bryan Chan:

Dear George,

Thanks very much for your reply. However, when I perform the root search of *κλη* under bible search, the search results still miss the words with an accent mark on "η".

Thanks again and blessings,

Bryan

You didn't say anything about searching on a root.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 18
Bryan Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:50 PM

Dear George,

Sorry for my unclear wording. I type *κλη* under bible search in order to see the occurrence of such words as "church," "call," etc in 1 Corinthians of NA27. However, I find that, for example, in 1 Cor 7:18,  the search results highligt "κεκληται" but miss "εκληθη" (with an accent on the first "η"). So I am looking for a solution...

Blessings,

Bryan 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:57 PM

Bryan Chan:

Dear George,

Sorry for my unclear wording. I type *κλη* under bible search in order to see the occurrence of such words as "church," "call," etc in 1 Corinthians of NA27. However, I find that, for example, in 1 Cor 7:18,  the search results highligt "κεκληται" but miss "εκληθη" (with an accent on the first "η"). So I am looking for a solution...

Blessings,

Bryan 

Have you tried a bible search using

κλη*, ἐκλη*, κλή*, ἐκλή*?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:39 PM

Bryan Chan:
However, I find that, for example, in 1 Cor 7:18,  the search results highligt "κεκληται" but miss "εκληθη" (with an accent on the first "η"). So I am looking for a solution...

Appears searching for Louw-Nida number quickly finds both:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 7:09 AM

Hey, Keep Smiling!

I was surpised to see the double column results readout showing the Greek along with the English translation (NASB). Sorry to take another tack, [mea culpa] but how do you get the double results as shown in the illustration on the right side? I would like to do that, especially for my friends who would want to see the English translation.

Thanks in advance if you can tell me. ...and I thought I knew Logos4 pretty well. Sigh.

E.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 12:45 PM

long duhhh.

I just saw how to do what I asked about when I took a second look at the post by Keep Smiling 4 Jesus and noted there was a box to add another version. That rocks! Very nice feature I hadn't noticed before!

humbled...

:)

E.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 5:47 PM

Ergatees:
long duhhh.

Been there, done that Stick out tongue (anticipating more repetitions for myself)  Learning Logos is an iterative process; Thankful for many friendly forum discussions.

Glad second look was helpful. Geeked 

Keep Smiling Smile 

Posts 18
Bryan Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:57 PM

Thanks George and Keep Smiling for your help!

Blessings,

Bryan

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS