Deleting all Perseus Resources

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:13 PM

Sometimes something free is hard to resist, but I am now regretting DLing some of the free Perseus collections. My library is completely junked up with these books. Is there a quick way to hide (delete) all the Perseus resources in my library?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:16 PM

The fastest way would be to email cs and ask them to relock the Perseus titles.

Other than that see Mark Barne's workaround for multiple hiding: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/41127.aspx

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:45 PM

I am in the same boat. It was not fun deleting 1000+ resources, especially since I did not know about Mark's workaround at the time.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:39 AM

Perseus needs its own sub-library. They even have become annoying to look at, especially with their ugly covers. I sent Logos an e-mail. Hopefully they can take care of this on their end.

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:55 AM

Joshua Garcia:
Perseus needs its own sub-library.

They might provide better ways to filter our library e.g. by Collection; one of which could be All but Perseus.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 5:08 AM

Dave Hooton:

They might provide better ways to filter our library e.g. by Collection; one of which could be All but Perseus.

It's easy enough to create a collection of All but Perseus:

rating:>=0 ANDNOT perseus

Posts 55
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 5:26 AM

That's exactly what I did using * ANDNOT perseus which gives you your entire library except the Perseus collection.  A few titles may get caught up other than that, but in general this works.

You can also group your Perseus collections into groups by using the collection title ie. Perseus Civil War etc.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:28 AM

Well, there's always some nutty person who just HAS to disagree. I have L4 on a netbook and I rarely even see the titles. Reason is I use tagging as the primary sort (which solves many more issues as well ... targums, really dead sea scrolls, and on and on).

But I do agree that a major benefit of the march of civilization is in prettier book covers. I'd have hated to live during the time of the Pharaohs and looked at their book covers. Biblos was a tiny fishing villiage until they started making book covers.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 7:16 AM

I wish Logos would let us edit or add covers. Most of my books I would leave alone. But I have some books with no covers. It would be nice to add them.

Blessings

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS