Many Volunteer Posts (MVP) Milestone 4,000 = Thanks to Super Tramp :)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:22 PM

Thanks for many, many volunteer forum posts by Super Tramp  

Appears avatar changes every few hundred posts. Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:29 PM

Congrats Super Tramp!

Continue the good work!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 893
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 7:47 PM

Gratz SuperT... Your well reasoned, thoughtful posts are a pleasure to read and instructive, AND fun due to your wonderful sense of humor.  Smile

"I read dead people..."

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:09 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Perhaps he is in the Witness Protection Program and needs to hide from his former associates Big Smile

Congratulations Matthew. Your posts make the forums more interesting

Posts 930
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:05 AM

Thanks, Matthew. Always appreciate your perspective.

Bill

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:27 AM

Way to go ST!  I'd better watch it or you'll sail right past me.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:39 AM

Keep Smiling Smile

Nice collage, there have been several others too!

Thanks Super Tramp for all of your contributions to the forum.

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 6:48 AM

Thanks ST! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 7:37 AM

Keep Smiling Smile

Always good to hear from you, Matthew (don't forget the twang when you say that—a la Festus).  Happy posting.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 8:30 AM

Congratulations!!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 7:20 PM

Matthew!  *smile*                  My youngest son is Matthew!             Gift of God, eh?!?!                    Thank you for your posts!                    Especially for the insightful ones!!! 

Peace and Joy in the Lord Always!

And!              God richly bless you and especially the dear woman you are privileged call your Proverbs 31 wifey!          *smile*

2 Corinthians 9:15

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2011 8:22 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
My youngest son is Matthew!             Gift of God, eh?!?!

Before I was born my mother had a dream that "Matthew Christopher" was to be my name.  So my parents named me that.

Matthew = "Gift of God"      Christopher = "Follower of Christ" 

I have been trying to live up to my name ever since and so far I have only made it to the Super Tramp level. Wink

Milford Charles Murray:
God richly bless you and especially the dear woman you are privileged call your Proverbs 31 wifey!   

Neat thing is, that Proverbs 31 wife trains up her daughters to be Proverbs 31 wives:

Thanks to everyone for noticing my post count. I'll try to do better.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 9:59 PM

Super Tramp:

Milford Charles Murray:

Before I was born my mother had a dream that "Matthew Christopher" was to be my name.  So my parents named me that.

I have been trying to live up to my name ever since and so far I have only made it to the Super Tramp level. Wink

Milford Charles Murray:
God richly bless you and especially the dear woman you are privileged call your Proverbs 31 wifey!   

Neat thing is, that Proverbs 31 wife trains up her daughters to be Proverbs 31 wives:

Peace and Joy in the Lord, Matthew!                   *smile*

I love legends!          Indeed!                Also, I was just thinking about your definition of your middle name.  Perhaps you need to add just a wee bit to your definition of Christopher?    Could Christopher be Christ-bearer as well as Christ-follower?        

Here, just for you, is an ancient Christian Legend of Saint Christopher as rendered by Wikipedia:

Legend -- There are several legends associated with the life and death of Saint Christopher. The most popular variations originate from the thirteenth-century The Golden Legend.

According to the legendary account of his life, Christopher was a Canaanite 5 cubits (7.5 feet (2.3 m)) tall and with a fearsome face. While serving the king of Canaan, he took it into his head to go and serve "the greatest king there was" (Christ). He went to the king who was reputed to be the greatest, but one day he saw the king cross himself at the mention of the devil. On thus learning that the king feared the devil, he departed to look for the devil. He came across a band of marauders, one of whom declared himself to be the devil, so Christopher decided to serve him. But when he saw his new master avoid a wayside cross and found out that the devil feared Christ, he left him and enquired from people where to find Christ. He met a hermit who instructed him in the Christian faith. Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where they were perishing in the attempt. The hermit promised that this service would be pleasing to Christ.

After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

Christopher later visited the city of Lycia and there comforted the Christians who were being martyred. Brought before the local king, he refused to sacrifice to the pagan gods. The king tried to win him by riches and by sending two beautiful women to tempt him. Christopher converted the women to Christianity, as he had already converted thousands in the city. The king ordered him to be killed. Various attempts failed, but finally Christopher was decapitated.     

Psalm 100:3

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:18 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Various attempts failed, but finally Christopher was decapitated.

Is this the original story about Bartholomew Cubbins?  (de - cap - itated)  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2011 7:49 AM

Many thanks, Matthew - count me a fan. Blessings to you...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2011 8:15 AM

Super Tramp:

Milford Charles Murray:

Milford Charles Murray:

Congrats Matthew, keep up the good works. Lovely ladies I must add.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 14 2011 5:09 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Perhaps you need to add just a wee bit to your definition of Christopher?    Could Christopher be Christ-bearer as well as Christ-follower?        

Yes, indeed. My mother also told me it means "Christ-bearer."  I have not crossed oceans, mountains or even rivers bearing Christ since my youth. I fear I have fallen short of the higher definition of my name and struggle with being a better Christ-follower than I presently am. (I always wondered if that is how James the Lesser felt....)

Still, my mother has high hopes for all of her children and prays for each one.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS