Christmas Sale Concerns

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 54 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 4:38 AM

Jerry Fourroux:
As a newbie to Logos, I used Bibleworks primarily, but missed the ease of search or cited by. 

Wiki has Getting Started with Logos => Cited By with Tips and links.

Jerry Fourroux:
I wish I had purchased one of the Black Friday items, but oh well, there is always another sale or another resource.  

Noticed Black Friday bundles still available; albeit with noticeably higher prices => Essential Biblical Studies Bundle (160 vols.) is now $ 1,599.95 (if can combine with other purchases to reach 50 % credit, then ~ $ 800 credit is a better deal for this bundle than Black Friday price plus spending ~ $ 800 more)

If can afford to pay $ 500 per month, then Christmas Credit offers $ 5,940 of purchases now, with payments spread over 12 months plus credit of $ 2,970 for future purchases (currently excludes pre-pubs, but that may change).  Hence spending $ 6,000 over one year can receive $ 8,910 of resources, which could substantially increase a library.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 5:48 AM

I don't have any concerns about the Logos Christmas Sale, and in fact appreciate the Logos Cash offer! I have purchased several resources this month that will earn me Logos cash. I will be purchasing more resources before the end of December so I can take full advantage of the offer.
Not all resources selected for a sale this Christmas will fit everyones desires, but Logos Cash will!
There are several publishers that do not allow for any further discounts on their products such as:
Zondervan
Baker
Galaxie (Theological Journals)
Wallbuilders

So if there are any of these resources that you are really wanting, now is the time to get them and earn some Logos Cash in the process.

Remember Zondervan is releasing new resources to Logos next year...sounds like something I will use my Logos Cash toward.

Thank you Logos for offering Logos Cash on our purchases this month!

Can we see another Master Collection this Christmas too??? That would be awesome!

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:00 AM

Your point on planning for future resources that won't likely have much discounting is a good one.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 10:46 AM

Praiser:
There are several publishers that do not allow for any further discounts on their products such as:
Zondervan
Baker
Galaxie (Theological Journals)
Wallbuilders

Thank you for pointing this out. The Logos cash/credit promotion can not be applied to forth-coming Pre-Pubs.. My purchases are almost exclusively Community Pricing, Pre-Pubs, and sale items.

Baker Academic has a LOT of new titles I did not buy in Pre-Pub because I knew I could pick them up anytime.This would be a good target to apply Logos credit to.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 11:24 AM

Presently, the Logos $$$ cannot be spent on Pre-pubs, however, according to the "details section" - "Christmas Credit is Logos.com credit and can be used to purchases anything available on Logos.com. It cannot currently be used to pay for Pre-Pubs, but this may change in the future."

Yours In Christ

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 12:09 PM

5 Solas:
Presently, the Logos $$ cannot be spent on Pre-pubs, however, according to the "details section" - "Christmas Credit is Logos.com credit and can be used to purchases anything available on Logos.com. It cannot currently be used to pay for Pre-Pubs, but this may change in the future."

I am hopeful it will change. The current system does not allow for pre-payment of Pre-Pubs..Once a title has shipped, and the price jumped, it is possible to apply account credit. This requires manual override.

I am wondering if applying credit to any purchase requires a manual override. If it does, why can't the CS rep also re-instate the Pre-Pub price when processing the order?

Logos has made a few improvements in the  in the accounting software in the past year. Account credit is now visible in the Account details page.In the old days only Customer Service would know whether or not you had any credit.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 7:46 AM

Day 5, Orthodoxy by G. K. Chesterton = 91.8% off Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1454
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:28 AM

free in Kindle

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:56 AM

Slava Novik:

free in Kindle

"indexed" in Logos & available on all your devices at once. Big Smile

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 6:19 PM

So are we to assume the Lord is also a business?

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 6:37 PM

Somehow I must have skipped over the part in the bible where it is said it is ok to profit from the word of Yah! Now don't have anything against the software itself if making a some profit but if the Ceo and share holders have a lot from it then enjoy it because your future is more than likely going to get a bit hot so to speak. Something is terribly wrong with this whole concept I'd say repent while it is still today the money-changers have no reward or place to come in the coming Kingdom being a priest like Baalam well get you no-where face

Posts 1509
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 9:11 PM

Richard Koons:

Somehow I must have skipped over the part in the bible where it is said it is ok to profit from the word of Yah! Now don't have anything against the software itself if making a some profit but if the Ceo and share holders have a lot from it then enjoy it because your future is more than likely going to get a bit hot so to speak. Something is terribly wrong with this whole concept I'd say repent while it is still today the money-changers have no reward or place to come in the coming Kingdom being a priest like Baalam well get you no-where face

A lot of work goes into producing both Logos software and Logos resources. I have no doubt that Logos is "profiting" from their enterprise, but it has enabled thousands of pastors and laypeople to better study God's Word. 1 Timothy 5:18: For the Scripture says, "Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

Those working at Logos deserve to get paid for their efforts. I feel that some resources are overpriced, but overall I have literally saved thousands of dollars over the last 4 years! If I would have bought everything in my library from Barnes and Noble I would have probably spent close to 10,000 dollars!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:28 AM

Richard Koons:
Somehow I must have skipped over the part in the bible where it is said

Ummmmm,   yeah.

You've skipped over a lot.          So much I just give up now. Devil

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 4:53 AM

Super Tramp:

Richard Koons:
Somehow I must have skipped over the part in the bible where it is said ...

Ummmmm,   yeah. You've skipped over a lot. So much I just give up now. Next time you call a Christian plumber, don't pay him. You might save him from Hell.Devil

Thanks; searching my Logos library for business NEAR profit that found many results to consider, including "Be Satisfied" commentary on Ecclesiastes 4:7-8, a sermon reminder from Spurgeon, and Holman Bible Handbook entry about John 2:21-25

2:12–25 God’s Standard of Conduct

In the clearing of the temple, Jesus brought forth God’s standards of what is right and what is wrong. Present for the Passover, a time of remembrance for Israel’s deliverance from Egypt, Jesus encountered individuals who were profiteering from the religious festival. Jews who had traveled great distances needed to purchase animals for sacrifice, as well as exchange their money into local currency. They encountered entrepreneurial individuals who offered both services. While legalism was denounced by Jesus, holiness was maintained. The issue at hand was not business or profit making as such but the mockery of the entire sacrificial system of the temple and the exploitation of devout men and women by greedy individuals who were capitalizing on religious sentiment.

This spectacle aroused the indignation of the Jews. Their concern was not the moral issue of whether the sellers and money exchangers should have been there in the first place but on what grounds Jesus took it upon Himself to expel them. The Jews called for a “sign,” and Jesus responded, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days” (2:19). Jesus was referring to the temple of His body, but his Jewish antagonists associated His comments with the temple building, providing the groundwork for some of the mockery and ridicule Jesus was subjected to while hanging on the cross (Matt 27:40; Mark 15:29).

Dockery, D. S., Butler, T. C., Church, C. L., Scott, L. L., Ellis Smith, M. A., White, J. E., & Holman Bible Publishers (Nashville, T. (1992). Holman Bible Handbook (611). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 9:50 AM

..............Can't get nothin' by that Keep Smiling 4 Jesus fella!Indifferent         On second thought, pay the plumber. He needs to feed his kids. 

Person Person Person Person PersonPerson Person Person Person PersonPerson Person Person Person PersonPerson Person Person Person

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS