New lower pricing for New Interpreter's Dictionary and Nwe Interpreter's Bible

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:26 AM

As announced in another thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28682/312317.aspx#312317 there is new, lower pricing for The New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible and The New Interpreter's Bible.

Previously the dictionary pre-pub price was $400, now it is $139.95

The 'Bible' was $800 and now it is $479.95.

Both are still in pre-pub, so it will take quite a few more commitments to get them into publication. Maybe with this new pricing you'll want to give them a look.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 176
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:39 AM

I just did an online price check on the hardback version of the NIDB. Most sites are in the mid-$200s, though interestingly, Cokesbury, the resource's publisher, has cut its online price to $139.

My point is that Logos' new pre-pub price is quite good.

Bill

Posts 3847
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:46 AM

Mark Smith:

As announced in another thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28682/312317.aspx#312317 there is new, lower pricing for The New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible and The New Interpreter's Bible.

Previously the dictionary pre-pub price was $400, now it is $139.95

The 'Bible' was $800 and now it is $479.95.

Both are still in pre-pub, so it will take quite a few more commitments to get them into publication. Maybe with this new pricing you'll want to give them a look.

thanks, Marky, much more do-able~!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:25 AM

Bill Coley:
My point is that Logos' new pre-pub price is quite good.

It is more in line with other offerings in my opinion. Actually the dictionary is a great price. Whoever made this happen, thank you!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:30 AM

I like the set and the price finally under control. God bless you Mark for informing such a wonderful deal.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 6:51 PM

Wow - this was exciting to see today!!!  Now if we could only get the prepub orders up and over the mark to put these into production!!

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 7081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 6:59 PM

Great price! But isn't kind of odd that when it was more expensive the "gathering interest" line was "almost there" and now is not? LOL I guess is gonna take more cheaper orders to be placed in order to push this baby into the production oven...hehehe.  Oh well, can't win all the time...and there's always a catch to almost everything in life (maybe not).

DAL

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 7:00 PM

Hopefully Logos will put out an email advertising these products with their new, low price.  I have both in print, but I'd pay for the electronic versions on Logos in a New York minute if they were available now.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:28 AM

I was in on this at the higher price. WOW...I am glad to see the prices cut so dramatically, maybe they will make it into production quickly now.

Agree that Logos needs to do a Blog posting on these now. Yes

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:20 AM

Praiser:

I was in on this at the higher price. WOW...I am glad to see the prices cut so dramatically, maybe they will make it into production quickly now.

Agree that Logos needs to do a Blog posting on these now. Yes

I went ahead and put up links on my Facebook and Twitter accounts ... something I almost never do because I'm concerned people will think I'm spamming.  But this is something I really want to put into production!

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 1:07 PM

I just ordered them both. So much for another $600. But the prices seemed too good to pass up, and reviews make these sound like worthwhile investments.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 2391
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 1:25 PM

I went ahead and placed orders for both these, but I was wondering how I would benefit since I already have Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary, NICNT / NICOT, Tyndale, WBC and others.

Thanks.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 7:53 PM

Ronald Quick:

I went ahead and placed orders for both these, but I was wondering how I would benefit since I already have Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary, NICNT / NICOT, Tyndale, WBC and others.

Thanks.

I consider the NIDB to be a good companion to the AYBD - both are comparable IMO, but cover different topics at length.  As for the NIB Commentary, it's probably more middle-of-the-road than the ones you listed, which may or may not be what you want.  But one thing I like about my print copy of it is that it has 2 types of commentary for each pericope.  The first is an exegetical verse-by-verse commentary and the second is more of an application-based commentary, although much more scholarly than something like  the Life Application commentary.  If you're preaching sermons, the two commentary types work great together.  There's also some articles interspersed throughout that cover various topics.  The last one I looked at was at the end of Matthew 2 I believe, and was on "Matthew's Use of Scripture".

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2011 7:14 PM

Basically the broad range of scholars makes this a fabulous sets. Top scholars (from evangelical and mainline worlds) did some of the books, but no matter who did them they are fairly balanced. I am sure that most people will find this a helpful and inspiring set.

Here are a few sinipets from the reflections on Luke 1:1-25.

Because God’s promises to Israel have been fulfilled through the life and teachings of Jesus, we can know the assurance that is grounded in God’s redemptive love, praise God with unbounded joy, fervently follow Jesus’ example and teachings, open our lives to the leading of God’s Spirit, and respond to the call to join the company of witnesses spreading to the ends of the earth the good news of Jesus’ coming. --R. ALAN CULPEPPER, New Interpreter’s Bible Vol. 9

[T]he story of God’s mighty acts does not involve Herod but a devout old couple. The world’s standards lead us to attribute power and worth to the royal functionary, who was but a puppet of Rome. God chose instead the poor and humble as the venue for the great work of redemption. History would remember Herod only as the king at the time when John the Baptist and Jesus were born. Yet, Herod was not even aware of the events for which he would be remembered. The church can easily continue to perpetuate the false assumptions that can lead the reader of the opening verses of Luke to false expectations. The old, the poor, the humble, and the insignificant are not to be overlooked; they are God’s chosen people. --R. ALAN CULPEPPER, New Interpreter’s Bible Vol. 9

[Zechariah] was officiating in the sanctuary itself, but he did not really expect to experience God’s presence. The scene once again challenges us, this time to trust in God expectantly and to be prepared for God’s response to our needs. We go through the motions of prayer and worship, but we hardly expect to meet God in the midst of our daily activities—not even in the holy moments of worship. Even the faithful, like Zechariah, need to recover the vitality of worship. Our cynical response often echoes Zechariah’s: “How will I know that this is so?” The response as always is to witness what God has done and what God continues to do in our midst. Can we see in the birth of a child God’s continuing affirmation of hope for the world in which we live? --R. ALAN CULPEPPER, New Interpreter’s Bible Vol. 9

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS