Is there a way to...

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 12:58 PM

Thomas Black:

JeremyEllis:
The NASB in print and in the Logos version is a verse by verse Bible.
Only in certain formats.  For instance my Cambridge NASB is paragraphed, much better that way IMHO.

I think Logos is using the publisher's format and it is IMHO how it should be. I am not sure that it doesn't matter for the particular translation team, if we use it other way than they wanted. We have plenty Bibles with the paragraph setting, we have also verse setting (like WordStudy KJV) etc.

That is one thing I really like Logos over other programs, that it keeps the layout of the publisher.

Of course, I would have no problem if there is such option to have just plain text, paragraph text, verse by verse text, No numbers and paragraphs text ;-) and so on...

Bohuslav

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 1:00 PM

That reminded me....

In L3 with the message you could turn on or off the verse numbers with a visual filter, it appears that said filter is no longer available.  Not that I would read the message anyway, but it makes me wonder if it is/will be possible to do this later.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 61
Tony Garland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:51 PM

I'm also wanting to see the ability to read bibles in "versified" format (both English and original language texts).  As for the reasons why: there are many situations as a teacher where I want to quickly be able to point students or the congregation to focus on certain verses and verse numbers are the obvious way to do this.  It is also helpful when visually trying to identify a location to focus on a particular detail.

It is simply less visually distracting when concerned about locations in the text when they are 'one verse per line.'  I also agree that situations where this is advantageous are other than those where you are meditating on the entire passage and really wrestling with the grammatical flow and relation of ideas.

Posts 1846
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:57 PM

I show a way here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5307/41577.aspx#41577. It has it's limitations, but it may work for what you want.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS