Shutdown the forums...

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
Matt Wolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 3:16 PM

I pleaded with Logos to make the info from the newsgroups available elsewhere, so I guess I'm partly to blame for the forums. But I'm one of that 99% who find newsgroups incomprehensible. I got the groups set up on my home computer, but couldn't find my way around. And what I really needed was to access y'all's intelligence from work, where newsgroups are not allowed. Thanks for enduring the forums for sake of n00bs like me.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 4:17 PM

MattWolf:

I pleaded with Logos to make the info from the newsgroups available elsewhere, so I guess I'm partly to blame for the forums. But I'm one of that 99% who find newsgroups incomprehensible. I got the groups set up on my home computer, but couldn't find my way around. And what I really needed was to access y'all's intelligence from work, where newsgroups are not allowed. Thanks for enduring the forums for sake of n00bs like me.

We're going to gather at your house with baseball bats waiting for you to come out.  Devil  Big Smile

Now, lest someone AGAIN accuse me of starting something, I'm joking.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 25846
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:50 PM

MattWolf:
Thanks for enduring the forums for sake of n00bs like me.

We can make you the scapegoat ... But I'm adjusting to life with forums so well that newsgroups are beginning to look old hat!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 11:18 PM

Dave Hooton:

MattWolf:
Thanks for enduring the forums for sake of n00bs like me.

We can make you the scapegoat ... But I'm adjusting to life with forums so well that newsgroups are beginning to look old hat!

Hey, that is good news! Cool

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 727
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:01 AM

I am another person who really detests the forums. However, I don't see Logos budging on this one. I think it is "take it or leave it."

So I guess I'll take it. Just not happily.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:49 AM

Pastor Jerry Bush:

So I guess I'll take it. Just not happily.

Jerry

I think its a one step backwards, two steps forwards type of situation. For now we've only seen the step backwards. Originally they were trying to integrate the forum and newsgroups. My guess is that the forums would look different today if they started out with a Forums only solution. As we move forward I believe we will see improvements to the forums we currently have. For now though we are still working on the one step backwards.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:04 AM

Philip Spitzer:
I think its a one step backwards, two steps forwards type of situation.

Make that "two steps backward ... one step forward."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:20 AM

I knew someone would say it :-)...

I would only add that with the newsgroups there was room to maintain the status quo but I'm not sure it could ever be improved. With the forum there is more likely hood of improving it down the road. We all know that in the computer world those who don't move forward quickly get left behind and die.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:25 PM

Metaphorically speaking,

the Newsgroups were similar to the first century New Testament Church passing around letters

while the forums remind me of Mars Hill (not Driscoll's church but the one in Acts) where everybody waxes philosophical.

How come I like the forums better? Devil

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 12:55 PM
C'mon, guys. The horse is dead. Poisoned, hanged downed and quartered. This thread, with its negative title, seems to indicate unwillingness to be content "in whatever state". L has not asked for feedback of this nature. Let's see if we can just let it lay. Please.

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS