New Interpreter's Bible treatment of Psalm 44

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:13 PM

MJ. Smith:
And, yes, outside this thread, I have come to understand where ST & I misunderstood each other.

And I have finally come to understand our misunderstanding. You are an intelligent and classy lady. Thanks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:18 PM

Super Tramp:
Another boring thread that has nothing to do with Logos Bible Software.Sleep

Hey "Super Tramp" don't get too bored!  I may have to paint another crazy portrait of you!

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:51 PM

Super Tramp:
Let the readers decide
agreed

Posts 28232
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 12:34 AM

Paul Oertly:
Do you you not see that a casual observer ( without benefit of what you just told us) might construe Your actions as unfair/preferential treatment?

You are correct. It is easy to forget that people new to the forums+ or making rare appearances can easily misconstrue the response to individuals. In my case I can think of at least 4 people that get a wider berth than others because I know enough about them to know that they mean no harm. And regulars on the forums know that their crossing outside forum guidelines will not lead to a flare up in the forum. No one wants their posts deleted.

It is also true that the forum guidelines are more apt to be referenced when a thread has been locked, pruned or deleted because it got out of hand. Especially when the thread features posters who've had more than their share of posts/threads removed.

It also probably follows that much of the joking around among regulars may be misconstrued. I will try to remember this lesson the next time the forums go on a bashing binge.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 77
Paul Oertly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:34 AM

MJ. Smith:
And regulars on the forums know that their crossing outside forum guidelines will not lead to a flare up in the forum.
I will revert to observing. I hope the regulars enjoy chatting with one another. God Bless

Posts 3771
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:28 AM

Nina Jones:

Super Tramp:
Another boring thread that has nothing to do with Logos Bible Software.Sleep

Hey "Super Tramp" don't get too bored!  I may have to paint another crazy portrait of you!

wow, I LOVE that painting!!  Great fun!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS