sync not working

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 13 2011 6:09 AM

since the small update the other day (or so it seems), the 'sync' runs then errors out, over and over etc.

4812.Logos4.log

win7 8G ram

any thoughts? suggestions?

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 8:02 AM

Carey Pearson:

since the small update the other day (or so it seems), the 'sync' runs then errors out, over and over etc.

any thoughts? suggestions?

Carey, these logs are very difficult to read, especially since we users don't know the inner workings of the program. It looks like the sync manager failed 2X during this run. It is attempting to sync 680 items and gets stuck shortly after reporting that 91 items remain. There are two possibilities I can think of: 1) one of those items is corrupt and crashes the sync manager; 2) there's a problem on Logos' end (i.e., in 'the cloud') that needs to be fixed by them.

Either way, you would need a Logos tech to fix it. Please submit this to tech@logos.com, include the log file and your description of the problem.

BTW, those 680 items include layouts, some settings, highlights, visual filters, notes and every other user file (including saved guides, e.g.) you save. 680 sounds like a lot at first, but it's not hard to get to that number, once you figure in everything that's going on here.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 3:14 PM

Thanks for you imput Richard.

I am doing a 'rebuild index'.

If that doesn't work, I will call in....

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 13 2011 5:21 PM

Carey Pearson:
I am doing a 'rebuild index'.

It won't fix a Sync problem (after several hours of rebuilding the problem may have gone away, but that would be a coincidence).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS