Promo Website should have more detailed features and FAQ

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Jai Reid | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:42 AM

I find it perplexing that the Proclaim website has so few details about features and no FAQ. Why should someone have to wade through a forum to find answers to common questions like:

For instance:

1. Minimum system requirements for MacOS & Windows - I realize it's browser-based, but even knowing which browsers (and which version of those browsers) have been tested and are supported would be helpful.

2. What resolutions and aspect ratios does Proclaim support? (It appears to support 16:9, but have no idea if there is a max resolution limitation)

3. Is Offline presentation possible? (Yes, if I remember correctly)

4. Is Powerpoint import supported? (No, only jpg)

5. Is there an integrated media player, and if so, what file types are accepted (.mp4, .mov, .mkv, etc)

If the promo video even showed someone making a sample service, so you got a sense of the work flow it would be very helpful.

Why should I waste my time downloading an app and trying it if I don't even know if it will do anything I want it to do?

Posts 3483
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:02 PM

Agree that the website is lacking in content. This is coming soon. In the meantime...

Jai Reid:
1. Minimum system requirements for MacOS & Windows - I realize it's browser-based, but even knowing which browsers (and which version of those browsers) have been tested and are supported would be helpful.

Proclaim is not browser based. It is a client app with support for both Windows and Mac. System requirements are identical to that of Logos 4 which can be found here http://www.logos.com/support/techfaq#sysreqs

Jai Reid:
2. What resolutions and aspect ratios does Proclaim support?

3:4 and 16:9

Jai Reid:
3. Is Offline presentation possible? (Yes, if I remember correctly)

Yes, however you cannot take advantage of the Signal (broadcasting messages or attachments to mobile devices following your presentation) feature.

Jai Reid:
4. Is Powerpoint import supported? (No, only jpg)

Not in version 1 but coming soon.

Jai Reid:
5. Is there an integrated media player, and if so, what file types are accepted (.mp4, .mov, .mkv, etc)

We use Windows Media Player and Quick Time depending on the platform.

Jai Reid:
If the promo video even showed someone making a sample service, so you got a sense of the work flow it would be very helpful.

I know we have some help videos in the works, they should be published soon.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS