Home page scripture

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:20 AM

I have noticed that scripture quotations on my home page are in Hebrew for the OT and Greek for the NT.  I thought that perhaps this was because my priorities for biblical texts are

BHS 4.2
LXX (Logos)
NA27

To test this theory I prioritized the NRSV then closed and reopened L4.  I was surprised to find that the above situation still pertains.  Is this true for everyone?  It seems that this would not be optimal for those who aren't conversant with the original languages.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:09 AM

George, (I wanted to say, it is punishment for you refusing to use English Bible, but I will not do that  Big Smile ). I tried to change my preferred ESV Bible for Bible of Kralitz and restart the program. It showed ESV again. I hit F5 for refresh and it changed the Home Page and the Bible text was CBK. Try F5.

Bohuslav

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:21 AM

My Scripture quotes on the home page are in Pig-Latin...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:24 AM

Randy Hartman:

My Scripture quotes on the home page are in Pig-Latin...

Is that your mother tongue?  Big Smile  Devil

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:26 AM

George Somsel:
Is that your mother tongue?  Big Smile  Devil

Big Smile

P.S. Did you try F5?

Bohuslav

Posts 6656
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:11 PM

Mine is in English, and I have Scholars Gold. My default Bible is the NKJV, although I have NET and ESV elevated.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS