SUGGESTION: NIV Application Old Testament - Add the rest of the Old Testament Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 18 2011 11:02 AM

So I was looking around the forums and I did not see anything about the NIVAC Old Testament Commentaries. I know Logos has the prophets, but as I saw on Zondervan’s website (and my University’s library) the rest of the Old Testament (with the exception of Deuteronomy [as far as I can tell anyway]) is available in book form. So I would like to see Logos get the rest of the Old Testament for the NIVAC which is available. I cannot tell if there are other books not available other than Deuteronomy, but I know the rest of the Pentateuch is available, Kings, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Esther, the Wisdom Literature is available, and one volume of Psalms is available. They do not yet have Samuel or the rest of Psalms, or Job, or Deuteronomy (from what I could see anyway). (http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en-US/Search/Search.htm?SC=%22NIV+Application+Commentary%2c+The%22&QueryStringSite=Zondervan). I hope that everything else can be added, though.

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 11:25 AM

Great suggestion! I've purchased the OT prophet series and am contemplating purchasing the NT series this month. It would be great to have all the commentaries in this series available in Logos. Presumably, Zondervan calls the shots though.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 1:05 PM

Simon Pleasants:
Presumably, Zondervan calls the shots though.

Yep. When Zondervan finally opened up last year and released a bunch of stuff to Logos only the Prophets were included out of the OT portion of the commentary. Zondervan has not opened up anything since. It is possible on this set they will not do anything until the OT is complete. Many of us would like to see it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 2:16 PM

I'm hoping the renewed relationship between Logos and Zondervan will lead to this set becoming complete.  The Zonderven Exegetical Commentary Series is beginning to take off so you would think this would signal a dump of older sets.

Posts 167
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:14 PM

Yes, please!

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:16 PM

A competitor who is named after a biblical tree just published NIV Application Old Testament, I would expect Logos and others to do the same soon.

I just hope that Zondervan will not attempt to milk us like they have in the past.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS