Kudos rather than complaints

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:21 AM

It's time we I said something nice about 4.0.  I'm really enjoying the stereoscopic pictures (see note below) and the maps are light years beyond the old Logos maps.  The illustrations are sometimes good too (can't bat 1000).  Thanks for the visuals (and I'm not particularly a visual person -- as Liza Doolittle says in "My Fair Lady", "Words, words, words" (though as I recall she was tired of words and wanted action).

NOTE ON STEREOSCOPIC PICS:  I'm wondering why the stereoscopic format is retained.  I don't know of any way to view these as stereoscopic on a computer screen.  One of the pics should be sufficient.  I remember these old pics.  My paternal grandmother had one of those old viewers.  To a kid they were amazing.  They later came out with a plastic version which used disks -- perhaps they can still be found if one looks diligently. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:34 AM

George Somsel:
I'm wondering why the stereoscopic format is retained.  I don't know of any way to view these as stereoscopic on a computer screen. 

Did you try the different viewing modes? Select from the menu at the top of the window(which says "Normal" if you haven't changed it).  There are options for 3d glasses, plus a "Wiggle" mode that I think works better than expected.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:45 AM

Todd Phillips:
Did you try the different viewing modes?

Ahaaa, thanks, I never found the options... Sad

Bohuslav

Posts 8655
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 7:53 AM

Bohuslav,

Does that mean you don't see the options now?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:44 AM

Thomas Black:

Bohuslav,

Does that mean you don't see the options now?

No, I have them and I think they are there since the creation Smile I just did not noticed. It is true I looked at the resource just very briefly.

Bohuslav

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:51 AM

Todd Phillips:

George Somsel:
I'm wondering why the stereoscopic format is retained.  I don't know of any way to view these as stereoscopic on a computer screen. 

Did you try the different viewing modes? Select from the menu at the top of the window(which says "Normal" if you haven't changed it).  There are options for 3d glasses, plus a "Wiggle" mode that I think works better than expected.

By Jove !  You were serious !  I thought you were pulling my leg.  Perhaps that's because I generally view the pics in "reading mode" so that the options aren't visible.  Thanks.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:03 AM

George Somsel:

Todd Phillips:

George Somsel:

By Jove !  You were serious !  I thought you were pulling my leg.  Perhaps that's because I generally view the pics in "reading mode" so that the options aren't visible.  Thanks.

Move the cursor to the top of the screen in reading mode and the menus slide in.  These are kinda fun with 3d glasses.

Posts 18
davidmwallace@cox.net | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:39 AM

I can go cross-eyed and move one image over the other by refocussing (like those random dot pictures with dolphins hidden in them from a few years back) and see them in wonderful 3-d without the goofy glasses!

They are fun :) I wish we could get some updated ones of various Holy Land sites as well.

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:32 PM

i cannotfind these options.

They are not obvious in regular or in reading mode -- which I never use.

OK I  caused them to appear in reading mode by randomly clicking every where.

But I cannot figure out where/how -

when I tried F11 to go back to "regular" the (impossible to find) view options "disappeared."

Where are you seeing it?

How are you finding it?

Does it HAVE to be in reading mode?

Steve

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:38 PM

You should see them as on the picture:

Bohuslav

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:39 PM

Stephen Filyer:
i cannotfind these options.

hope this helps

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:43 PM

Thanks, it does when you can get them to appear.

But I cannot figure out where/what the hot spot is to consistently do it.

I am literally "stabbing in the dark" etc

Do you also have to be in/stay in  reading mode

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:47 PM

Stephen Filyer:

Thanks, it does when you can get them to appear.

But I cannot figure out where/what the hot spot is to consistently do it.

I am literally "stabbing in the dark" etc

Do you also have to be in/stay in  reading mode

Steve

Those screenshots are not from reading mode.  Just regular windows.  The menu is always there in regular mode.

In reading mode you just have to move your mouse to the top of the screen and wait for the title bar to appear with the options on it.

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:52 PM

The menu is always there in regular mode.

Mines not. It will come back in - ie stay with the pictures as they come back from reading mode

BUT they are not there in regular

Is there something wrong with my display?

By "screen" do you mean just the book resource window or the whole maximized program?

Appreciate the help

Confusing

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:58 PM

Stephen Filyer:

Mines not. It will come back in - ie stay with the pictures as they come back from reading mode

By "screen" do you mean just the book resource window or the whole maximized program?

Appreciate the help

When I said "move the mouse to the top of the screen" I was talking about reading mode which takes up the whole screen (so there are no individual windows).

In regular mode, you should always see the menu that I marked with an arrow in the stereo media resources at the top of the resource window (not the application window).

I can't say if something is wrong.  Don't bother trying reading mode if you can't find the options in regular mode. 

Do you see the other options: "Overview", "Actual Size" and "Fit"?   Do you see the three circles menu?

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:58 PM

Am I  looking in the wrong book?

Travelling in the holy Land through the stereocope : MediaREsource -  now has the menu after I close and re-open. OK!

Stereoscopic images of middle east -  now has the menu after I close and re-open. OK!

When I first loaded these there was NO menu.

Travelling through the ho;ly land through the stereopscope does not (even in reading mode)

I had really thought that this one had showed the menu - I must have been mistaken

Is this last book 'different" in any way?

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:59 PM

Stephen Filyer:

Appreciate the help

Confusing

Steve

Stephen, do you have the menu line in other resources, like ESV and you see Interlinear menu there? You can see the Visual Filters icon there also. If you do not have those things - it might be the problem with your installation of Logos 4. But if yes, then I don't know. It might be corrupted file?

Bohuslav

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:00 PM

Stephen Filyer:
Travelling through the ho;ly land through the stereopscope does not (unless I go to reading mode)

There's your problem.  It's only there for media resources, and the "Travelling" one has both a media resource and a regular book resource.  In the regular one, you can see the pictures, but when you click on the pictures it opens the media resource to display it.

Posts 1649
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:07 PM

Thanks Bohuslav (and Todd)

Yes Bohuslav,  I have the Visual filters etc and Interlinear views etc..

Todd, has just explained that  I had chosen the wrong book to begin with.

Steve

edit: I still don't know why that menu bar did not appear in normal view until I first found it in reading mode, though.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:11 PM

Stephen Filyer:

Thanks Bohuslav (and Todd)

Yes Bohuslav,  I have the Visual filters etc and Interlinear views etc..

Todd, has just explained that  I had chosen the wrong book to begin with.

Steve

Yes, now I see what was your problem. I am glad Todd figured it out Yes

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS