12 Days of Logos: Can I get a refund for something I bought earlier from Logos at regular price?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 20 2011 8:49 AM

The NIV Application Commentary is on sale right now. I bought it earlier at the regular price. Can I get a refund for the difference?

That was my question, and others may wonder the same thing. Here's what Customer Service told me: "We'll credit you for purchases made in the last six months."

Too bad for me, but someone else might find this helpful.

Posts 280
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:00 AM

That is a very generous time frame.  Most stores only give you up to one month.

Posts 11640
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:01 AM

Bruce Fraser:
Here's what Customer Service told me: "We'll credit you for purchases made in the last six months."

Wow! That's much more receptive than I would have expected! Thanks Logos for outstanding service!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:05 AM

According to Bob, you probably could, but a better question is "SHOULD you?" Mt 20:13

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 9:45 AM

toughski:
According to Bob, you probably could, but a better question is "SHOULD you?" Mt 20:13

Let's look at the alternative, then. What would happen to Logos if everyone held onto their money until the big Christmas sale comes up every year? Giving customers a guarantee which makes sure they won't regret waiting encourages sales all through the year.

'll agree with what Mark Johnson said, though: six months is more than generous.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 11:23 AM

Sears used to have a "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" policy with no time limits. They dropped the policy after 7 decades or so.

When the first digital watches came to market my mother suggested we get my dad one for Christmas. We kids scrimped together and put our money with mom's to purchase the $250 watch. Now you can buy them for pocket change. What if we could trade in our 2011 logos purchases in 2015 for the lower prices that may come?

I am very surprised by the generous upgrade offer Logos is currently offering for base packages.  (Full credit of 1st base package + 15% off new base package + Logos credit of 50% of new purchase towards future resorces.) I know Bob Pritchett has been overly generous with account credits towards pleasing the customer.  When you consider some resources are quite expensive, it may take 6 months to determine if Portfolio is going to satisfy you $4000 worth. If there were not some time restriction on returns we might see thousands of seminary students borrowing the software for four years and returning it upon graduation.

But the thread title here implies you want to "return" a resource you bought earlier so you can re-buy it now at a lower price. The difficulty I have with this scenario is:

• You obviously like the resource because you still have it and intend to re-buy it. Satisfaction is not the real issue so a "satisfaction guarantee" should not apply.
  • You will be trading in a used copy for a new one. Wink (joking here) And getting money to boot.
  • When I asked about an expired sales offer, Dan Pritchett said, "Now it would not be a sale if the sales prices never ended, would it?" 
  • Sooner or later resource prices will fall. The benefit of buying them now is having use of them. Logos would be more than fair with a 30-day price matching policy. Anything like going back six months is just being nicer than nice.

Bruce Fraser:
What would happen to Logos if everyone held onto their money until the big Christmas sale comes up every year?

Your point is well taken regarding hold-outs for Christmas sales. I think many of us give less attention to email sales because we know the other "bigger deals" are coming: March Madness, Black Friday, Christmas, etc. We all need to get the best deals we can and if that makes us wait until deer season to buy, well, we'll wait.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 11:50 AM

Super Tramp:
But the thread title here implies you want to "return" a resource you bought earlier so you can re-buy it now at a lower price.

You're quite right, the thread title does imply that. In the text, though, I put it more clearly: "Can I get a refund for the difference?"

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 1:02 PM

I know that you probably just posted to help other people save money, and for that, thank you. The problem with posting it here and in this way is that we don't know if it is policy or simply a personal offer to you.

In the end, I'm struck by two things: I'm grateful for Logos, since even a 30 day grace period is generous. Second, I'm sure glad I'm not a CS person who has to take calls from people wanting/demanding refunds or lamenting that they were beyond whatever window is provided.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 20 2011 1:05 PM

Bruce Fraser:
Super Tramp:
But the thread title here implies you want to "return" a resource you bought earlier so you can re-buy it now at a lower price.

You're quite right, the thread title does imply that. In the text, though, I put it more clearly: "Can I get a refund for the difference?"

Aah. I'm sorry for not reading more carefully. The prolific output of the Pre-Pub program probably consumes most customers' discretionary spending. That probably results in many waiting until big sales events to buy. If Logos had a written policy assuring we could receive the difference between our purchase price and a sale price that undercuts it in the 30 days following our purchase, buyers could have confidence they are getting "today's best price."  I would only require the customer to request that refund rather than Logos doing it automatically.   But 6 months is incredibly generous. I admire you asking Logos. You never know when they might say "Yes."

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS