Product Title Error: The Works of John Bunyan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:30 AM

I was looking at the Works of John Bunyan and part of the name of the Title is wrong. At the top of the page it says 

"Works of John Bunyan (61 vols.)"

Well, at the bottom of the page it says that it is 3 vols. The description says that it is "61 titles into 3 volumes". So I think that it is slightly misleading for the Title to say “61 vols.” when it is only three books (with 61 titles). I think the title should be adjusted to say “(3 vols.)” instead of "(61 vols.)."

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:52 AM

Hi Caleb, this seems to be a universal practice on Logos's website. In the title of the product, they count the print volumes that this resource is equivalent to. It is meant to drum up more interest in purchases, I'm guessing. Looks more impressive to show more volumes.

Actually, in this case, in spite of what it might say about 3 vols. on the product description page, once you get it into Logos it is actually 61 separate resources. (If you read the rest of the sentence in the description, it says "While the print edition combines 61 titles into 3 volumes, the Logos Bible Software version splits most of the titles into individual resources in your digital library.")

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:18 AM

Oh. I see that I am mistaken. I guess I am being TOO thorough in looking for mistakes. lol Thanks for the screen shot. Makes more sense now.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS