Missing Volumes: Hermeneia

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
DrGregWaddell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:48 PM

Hi,

I just purchased the Hermeneia Continental Commentary set.

The ad for this set says there are 63 volumes.

Yet, when I try to create a collection for the set using "series:hermeneia," I only come up with 55 volumes. 

Have I made a mistake in creating the collection or are there really some volumes missing?

gsw

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:02 PM

55 is right. I don't recall why there is a discrepancy in the resource counting, but if you have 55 in the series, you have them all.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:10 PM

I believe this thread at least links to a very clear explanation to this.  It has to do with the set being sold as a NT set and an OT set with common books in both sets.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:16 AM

Gregory S. Waddell:
Yet, when I try to create a collection for the set using "series:hermeneia," I only come up with 55 volumes. 

The collection you have bought includes two commentary sets - Hermeneia and Continental. Searching for series:continental will find you an additional 19 volumes.

The reason the maths still doesn't work is that some of the Hermeneia volumes come with their texts translated into separate resources (i.e. Q and The Gospel of Thomas). These are not counted in the Logos Product Page, but do appear in your library.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:23 AM

I do series:Hermeneia and I get 54 volumes, not 55.

Can anyone post a screen shot of the 55 tagged as Hermeneia? I know I have all the volumes of both Hermeneia and Continental from prior threads, one must be mis-tagged. Thanks!

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:37 AM

Dominick Sela:

You'll be missing the Odes of Solomon which was introduced into Hermenia at the time it got bundled with Continental, but still isn't available separately.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:23 AM

Mark Barnes:

Dominick Sela:

You'll be missing the Odes of Solomon which was introduced into Hermenia at the time it got bundled with Continental, but still isn't available separately.

That's right, thanks Mark. I remember now, in fact I remember calling sales to ask/plead about it.

Posts 65
DrGregWaddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:42 AM

Thanks everyone.

Yes. It is true. When I added "OR Continental" to the collection logic, I came up with 74 books.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS