UBS 4 with Interlinear and Morph

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:12 PM

Maybe this is in some other thread, so forgive me. Is anyone else having Logos hang while using UBS 4 with Interlinear and Morph? When I open it and then try to go to another passage, whether through the search bar or through opening the side panel and clicking on a different reference, it always hangs.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:25 PM

Know you're on Mac but on Windows side no issues as you describe.

File: LLS:LOGOSUBS4INT
2010-04-26T18:33:15Z
LOGOSUBS4INT.logos4

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2565
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:57 PM

I am using L4 Mac and have no problems with the resource. Is it linked to other resources? I tried it without any links. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:58 PM

Apologies: unable to replicate hang in UBS 4 while using several Logos Greek Morphology visual filters.

Wonder about highlighting and/or visual filters in your UBS 4 ?

Curious if diagnostic logs offer insight about hang (possibly a crash):

Wiki has Mac Troubleshooting => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Wonder about enabling logging, restart Mac, launch Logos 4 Mac, use UBS 4 (Interlinear with Morphology), if hang repeats, please wait few minutes to see if hang goes away.  If not, please quit Logos 4 Mac (may need to force quit), then compress log files and reply to this thread, including attaching zip file.

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display logging setting, then change to enable logging.  Please download then use Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop (copies console messages, then compresses contents of your Logging folder for posting).

Other option is contacting Logos => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 4:16 AM

Thanks to all. Here is the log. It is still continuing. Even if I start Logos with a blank layout and try to open UBS 4 with Interlinear and Morph I get a hang.

2821.Logging.zip

Thanks for looking into it.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 23 2011 5:44 AM

Jason Alligood:

Thanks to all. Here is the log. It is still continuing. Even if I start Logos with a blank layout and try to open UBS 4 with Interlinear and Morph I get a hang.

2821.Logging.zip

Thanks for looking into it.

Appears logging file for Logos 4.3 SR-7 has a 10 second gap navigating from John 3:19 to Mark 1:6 along with a SyncManager upload/download in between.

Replicated navigation in UBS 4 with Interlinear and Morphology in Logos 4.5 Beta 11 without 10 second sync issue.

Apologies: not know if network connectivity (or proxy) is affecting sync timing.  One possibility for sync network delay is home network reconnect; am aware some network providers disconnect idle home connections, then reconnect when needed, which can take a few seconds.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 4:39 AM

Ok, I've been able to get UBS 4 Int w/ Morph to open with out crashing. I went through and changed all of my layouts that had the resource open to not include it in their line up. After I opened it I unchecked "inline" under "display" and was able to navigate from the sidebar. However, once i reached my desired passage and tried to check "inline" under "display" it began to hang. Anyone seen this? Thanks for all the help.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 5:46 AM

Jason Alligood:
Ok, I've been able to get UBS 4 Int w/ Morph to open with out crashing.

If can replicate crash, suggest contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact with your permission, Logos share desktop with you to diagnose crash.

Jason Alligood:
However, once i reached my desired passage and tried to check "inline" under "display" it began to hang. Anyone seen this?

Wonder if have updated to Logos 4.3 SR-8 ?

Since previously posted logs had a network sync timing, wonder if using Logos 4 Mac offline responds differently ?

Launch Logos 4 Mac, quickly press and hold command key, when login dialog box appears, release command key, check Work offline, then try using UBS 4 Interlinear.

Personally have Logos Greek Morphology visual filters to highlight grammatical usage, which can take a few seconds to show on screen after opening resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 5:52 AM

Yes, I've updated. I will try working offline and see if that helps. for now I am using NA27. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS