how long does it take to download a new purchase?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Patrick Malone+ | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:08 PM

Hi,

I just bought the scholars set and then bought Calvin's Commentaries.   I was told that it would download automatically, but it has been over an hour and no calvin yet.  Any ideas?

Patrick

Posts 18771
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:12 PM

You need to close Logos and restart. Then after a few moments you should see a popup appear in the lower right corner, which will invite you to click on it to begin the download. While the download is occurring, you'll see the blue Logos icon present in the icon bar. Hover over it to see what percent the download is at. When it's complete, you will need to restart Logos again.

Posts 1661
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:39 PM

If your initial purchase of Scholars has downloaded and indexed and Rosie's advice does not do it, try typing "Update Now" (without quotes) in the command bar.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:31 PM

Patrick Malone:
Any ideas?

Welcome Big Smile

Wiki has Getting Started with Logos => Installation + Indexing

Depends on internet speed for downloading; Scholar's has 6.06 GB of resource files to download => http://www.logos.com/support/techfaq

Depends on computer hardware capabilities for local indexing time, which could be from an hour (fast Core i7 CPU with fast storage) to several days (on a netbook).  If using a laptop, recommend plugging in power adapter and checking Energy Saver so computer never sleeps (OK for display to sleep) while downloading and indexing.  Also may want to consider a laptop cooler.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 11:40 PM

Wonder if Logos servers are a bit overwhelmed for downloading this week ? (perhaps due to Christmas sales volume)

Looking at my orders, noticed last order to download was placed on Dec 18; everything I've ordered in past week has yet to download and install in my Logos 4 installations.

Hence, my apologies since I do not know how long it will take to download a new purchase.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 22108
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2011 11:53 PM

Hi KS4J

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Looking at my orders, noticed last order to download was placed on Dec 18; everything I've ordered in past week has yet to download and install in my Logos 4 installations.

Just to mention that things I have purchased this week downloaded without any problem.

Is it possible that there is anything at your end delaying the download?

Or maybe people in the UK have access to a faster pipe!!Smile

Blessings, Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:12 AM

Graham Criddle:
Is it possible that there is anything at your end delaying the download?

Not aware of anything at my end; seems update resources and toggling personal settings to download updates have same effect.

This month have placed 19 orders at Logos.com and Vyrso.com; the first dozen orders downloaded in a day or two.  Edit: reviewed orders more carefully; several Vyrso orders were downloaded with Logos 4 resource updates couple days ago.  Now have 6  3 orders whose resources have not downloaded (for 5 resources).  Puzzling is a Bible order; my Libronix 3 installation has a locked Amplified Bible:

With $ 10 pricing for many bibles, purchased Amplified Bible today.  My Logos 4 licenses have been updated so Amplified Bible was scanned, then copied from my Libronix 3 installation.

Yet Logos 4 shows no updates available.

By the way, also noticing forum web site feeling sluggish.

Edit: after many update attempts, all resources downloaded, including some $ 10.00 Bibles. Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Gary | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:17 PM

First post and haven't been using the system for long so please excuse my ignorance.

My wife gave me 2 libronix digital library system cd's for our anniversary. Uploaded and activated those, no problem. For Christmas she gave me another one. I have tried everything I know (which ain't much I assure you!) to try and activate this one. The software won't give me a place to put in the code I have to unlock the books. I have gone to the support articles but haven't found any help.

What do i need to do to unlock these books? The system only gives me the option to purchase and input my credit card number but not the code.

Thanks for ANY help you can give!!!

Gary M.

Posts 25111
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:42 PM

Welcome Gary

Do you use Logos 4 as well or just Libronix? There is a Libronix forum at http://community.logos.com/forums/31.aspx

Gary:
The software won't give me a place to put in the code I have to unlock the books.

What is the collection on the CD?

If you don't get help from others then you can always call Logos Support with the code and they will unlock it for you.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS