Bibles Repriced to $10.00!

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:24 AM

Is Mebin:

Kendall Sholtess:
My main interest in the ISV was due to the fact that David Alan Black was the New Testament editor.

Yes... good guy... I recently bought his teaching videos on Greek

Kendall Sholtess:
The ISV website mentions that the ISV is "DSS Certified." However, I cannot find which DSS certified it. I suppose it is referring to Dr. Flint himself, the "man."

lol!  

Probably 1QIsa  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:55 AM

I shall reply to myself to give a little more information on the blurb for the Louis Segond Bible where it is called the equivalent to the King James Bible.

Examine this text and you will see it is not. 1 Tim 3:16 from Biblia dot com

16Et, sans contredit, le mystère de la piété est grand: celui qui a été manifesté en chair, justifié par l’Esprit, vu des anges, prêché aux Gentils, cru dans le monde, élevé dans la gloire.

King James reads God was manifest, not "celui" because in French it would read: "Dieu a été manifesté..."

The Trinitarian Bible Society puts out a revised Louis Segond which IS equivalent to the KJV.

I have discussed this with a sales person yesterday at Logos who told me to write to suggest which I did. But the Logos blurb on their site remains to be changed. Maybe they will see this? Big Smile

Respectfully,

E.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 5:21 PM

Is Mebin:

Kendall Sholtess:
My main interest in the ISV was due to the fact that David Alan Black was the New Testament editor.

Yes... good guy... I recently bought his teaching videos on Greek

Do you have a link? I am interested in having a look, thanks!!

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS