Buying Logos as a Christmas gift

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
George Ruddell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 25 2011 11:23 AM

Hello

How do I purchase Christian Home, pay for it but register it with a friend as a Christmas gift? I already have Logos myself.

I would really appreciate a rapid reply from someone out there.

Sorry to interrupt your Christmas dinner.

Thank you.

George Ruddell

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:14 PM

You will have to call customer service and have the persons email and a password to set up their account. Once they have downloaded it they can change the password. Unfortunately you will have to wait until tomorrow to do this.

Edit: Actually I am not sure they can change the password. Hmm, you should ask CS when you talk with them.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:24 PM

George Ruddell:
How do I purchase Christian Home, pay for it but register it with a friend as a Christmas gift?

Since Logos.com does not have gift purchasing for others, one option is to register a Logos.com web site account with (for) your friend, which has your billing information for one order (Christian Home), then delete your billing information, and have your friend enter their billing information (along with changing their account password).

Could ask your friend to forward the Logos email receipt to you,

After friend's billing information is in place, suggest having your friend place some orders for free resources on Logos.com and Vyrso.com to verify order processing.  May want to consider ordering some $ 10.00 Bibles from Logos.com

Other option is calling Logos Sales to place order for your friend.  With private sale event starting tomorrow, anticipating phone lines to be busy.

With recent addition of wish lists on Logos.com web site and resource previews, wonder about future web site capabilities ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:02 PM

I've recently done a few things along these lines.

A couple of months ago, I helped a friend order Logos. We set up his account online then called a sales rep to place the order. My friend doesn't have / use credit cards, so that's why I needed to help him (along with a few technical things).

For Christmas, I bought my wife and that friend each a Logos Christmas present. For my wife, I set up her online account and then ordered the Bible Study base package under her account. I ordered my friend the Lexham 9 volume package. I ordered both of them by calling that sales rep and having him walk me through it. In case it's important, the sales rep was able to get the Christmas credit assigned to my account (which is somewhat selfish but also practical since those two folks wouldn't use it or know to use it).

Donnie

Posts 10845
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:23 PM

Donnie Hale:
For Christmas, I bought my wife and that friend each a Logos Christmas present.

Can I become your friend? Huh?

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 1:47 PM

Jack, you have so many friends already... okay, we don't give you Logos as a gift, but hey... I'm just sayin!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS