We Need To Have a Talk...

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:27 AM

Do we really?  I thought I was in trouble. 

Posts 24284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:35 AM

Hi Garrett

Sorry I don't understand this

Graham

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:39 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Garrett

Sorry I don't understand this

Graham

It was the subject line on an email advertising the after Christmas sale today.

Big Smile Don't panic, Logos doesn't want to break up with its customers.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:40 AM

Garrett, I know what you mean. BOY do I know what you mean! IOW:

"Listen, when are you going to RESPOND to our Christmas Sales! Do we have to get ROUGH with you!" 

Sincerley, Logos

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 6:45 AM

I agree we need to talk. I confess I am a helpless addict. Someone please get me in rehab, right after I finish purchasing my wish list, prepub and commu'nity price list.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:15 AM

LOL! I am waiting too. What I get today will be my Christmas gift...hoping there is some really good deals on stuff in my wish list.

Posts 115
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 7:17 AM

As soon as someone gets through and talks to a rep.; let the rest of us know. Might save time today waiting on an open line.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 11:44 AM

edited late in the day: to shrink the giant font. I originally posted from a tiny netbook and just now moved to my Mac where the font size is HUGE! I'm sorry for any eye pain I caused and, frankly, I'm laughing at how Alan's quote looks, now that I've edited the original. Wink I will try not to do that again. Alan, you still have time to edit your quote and copy my corrected post.

Philana Crouch:
LOL! I am waiting too. What I get today will be my Christmas gift...hoping there is some really good deals on stuff in my wish list.

I just carefully read the "We gotta talk" email. Of course I have already requested a phone call because I thought there may be something new since Friday. I am now convinced I have already received what will be offered to everyone else who takes that phone call. I heard from my sales rep last Thursday because he is off this week.

Dave Kaplan listened to me, then made product recommendations and suggested buying strategies that enhanced my library's usefulness now and saved me money in the process. He knew of a few sales I was unaware of and even beat a coupon code sale price I received last week. Dave crafted a deal that is hands-down the most personalized and useful package I have bought to date. I requested everything in it and have no duplicates or fluff. Truly the best deal, so far.

Here is what you can expect if I am right:

• A friendly (that means happy & polite) Logos employee will call you.
  • They will ask how they can serve YOUR needs & wants.
  • discounts on some (many) products that are not on sale, stuff you want
  • help in maximizing Logos credit. It may actually be cheaper to add one more resource if it increases the kick-back you get Wink

Helpful hints:

1. the Logos database can look up a product just by the 4 digit SKU #
  2. It will speed things up a bit if you have mulled over in your mind what you want and what is preventing you from going for it.
  3. Create a written list of resources.
  4. Ask for the best price they can get you, on as many resources as you are interested in. Some things can not be discounted most can.
  5. Keep your phone battery charged up, they will give you all the time you need and the call might be longer than you are used to.
  6. Try to take the call at your computer, in a comfy chair, in a quiet room.
  7. Take the time you need but remember your sales rep may need a break and others are waiting.
  8. This is Logos' attempt to offer each of us a personally relative sale that we want and can take them up on. The busy sales staff have no say in the policy decisions of the company and probably can't explain to your satisfaction why things are done the way they are done. Let's be nice to them.Wilted Flower

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 26 2011 11:50 AM

Super Tramp:

Philana Crouch:

I just carefully read the "We gotta talk" email. Of course I have already requested a phone call because I thought there may be something new since Friday. I am now convinced I have already received what will be offered to everyone else who takes that phone call. I heard from my sales rep last Thursday because he is off this week.

Dave Kaplan listened to me, then made product recommendations and suggested buying strategies that enhanced my library's usefulness now and saved me money in the process. He knew of a few sales I was unaware of and even beat a coupon code sale price I received last week. Dave crafted a deal that is hands-down the most personalized and useful package I have bought to date. I requested everything in it and have no duplicates or fluff. Truly the best deal, so far.

Here is what you can expect if I am right:

• A friendly (that means happy & polite) Logos employee will call you.
  • They will ask how they can serve YOUR needs & wants.
  • discounts on some (many) products that are not on sale, stuff you want
  • help in maximizing Logos credit. It may actually be cheaper to add one more resource if it increases the kick-back you get Wink

Helpful hints:

1. the Logos database can look up a product just by the 4 digit SKU #
  2. It will speed things up a bit if you have mulled over in your mind what you want and what is preventing you from going for it.
  3. Create a written list of resources.
  4. Ask for the best price they can get you, on as many resources as you are interested in. Some things can not be discounted most can.
  5. Keep your phone battery charged up, they will give you all the time you need and the call might be longer than you are used to.
  6. Try to take the call at your computer, in a comfy chair, in a quiet room.
  7. Take the time you need but remember your sales rep may need a break and others are waiting.
  8. This is Logos' attempt to offer each of us a personally relative sale that we want and can take them up on. The busy sales staff have no say in the policy decisions of the company and probably can't explain to your satisfaction why things are done the way they are done. Let's be nice to them.Wilted Flower

Well said, and ditto.

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 27 2011 2:50 AM

Wow, sounds great!

I send my email yesterday, and haven't got an email back or received a phone call. I'll keep waiting very patiently Big Smile. I've filled my wishlist with some stuff I'm interested in, and am hoping to get some good discount when I buy it all (or a significant part of the list). Maybe they even can recommend me some books I might also be interested in.

I'm very happy with the effort Logos is putting in providing a good christmas deal for everyone!

Posts 1056
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 3:34 AM

Can anyone who has had a "talk" report on what has happened?

Armin

Posts 314
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 6:17 AM

I had a talk yesterday with the sales folks and parted with a chunk of money.  Be sure to check out the pricing on base package upgrades.  It might be worth your while.  I didn't know what to expect and I was calling about a question about the contents of the Scholar's Gold as I was pondering upgrading to this in order to get the UBS Handbooks.  One thing lead to another and I ended upgrading as well as getting the 12 Day of Christmas item I wanted and some $10 bibles.  Next think I knew I was just shy of the 25% discount so I called back after trying to hunt for a resource that I could use and put myself over that. 

Now I have some money credited for 2012. 

Posts 2509
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 6:47 AM

Armin,

I had a specific commentary set in mind that was not included in any of the sales and bought it discounted by 33% plus I received Logos cash. I think if you have something specific in mind it is worth a call. There are probably some resources that may not allow for the discount I received. Logos is really wanting to make sure that everyone has opportunity for a Christmas discount to the extent they are able to provide it.

Posts 741
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 7:11 AM

Wow - it is good to hear some of you had good experiences with this.

I have been a Logos customer for 10+ years, and have had only two bad experiences with sales. The first was within my first month - over 10 years ago. Bob more than made up for what happened back then and I never forgot it. The second time was yesterday, and was not nearly as bad, but still not what I have come to expect from this wonderful company.

I called them (did not receive the call that I signed up for). I was on hold for at least 10 minutes - another rarity. I figured sales was pretty busy though, so I did some other stuff while I waited.

A sales person answered - I will leave his name off of here in case he was having a bad or busy day, or both. It happens. But, this was my experience:

He told me about offers that I was already familiar with, pushing me towards the more expensive stuff. There was no "conversation" at all. It felt like a used car sales pitch, which is the opposite of my past experiences and the opposite of what I expected when I called in.

I have a modest book budget, and I had just sprung for the NIVAC, which was one of the 12 Days offers. I am hesitant to spend a lot, as I am already using my 2012 budget, and the NIVAC took 25% of that. Still, I would be open to doing something else if the deal was right. But I felt like I got no advice or had the conversation that was talked about in the email. I got the feeling that once he knew he was not going to get a big sale, he needed to move on to another phone call.

I am not trying to embarrass Logos, but if I were management, I would want to know about this. It is very out of character for this company. I have hesitated to post this, as I am a huge fan. I am not a high-dollar customer, but I am a long-term and consistent one.

Logos, I am willing to try again with this. If you send me an email, I will send you my mobile phone number. I am not in my church office this week, so you will need to call me that way.

Jerry

pastorjerrybush AT gmail DOT com

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 882
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:09 AM

Dave Kaplan, my usual rep, is on vacation, so I spoke with Santiago, who was promoted awhile ago over the sales staff. I purchased LSJ at a discount and I will probably call back by Monday, January 2, to discuss some other possibilities. I can't afford to, and don't need to, upgrade to Portfolio, as I have several of the Portfolio books I want already, and I don't do or need Jewish studies material (I'll wait on the Tanakh stuff when and if my Hebrew improves) or have pastoral or theological or teaching responsibilities, but I told him if he could upgrade me to Portfolio for about $200 instead of $2,200 (I think that or $1,700 was Dave's offer recently), I'd consider it. Big Smile

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:12 AM

Mmm, I send an email to sales AT logos DOT com on the 26th of december (when in the USA it was still the 25th), but still haven't got a reply. I also send a mail to Santiago this morning (he was a great help when I bought the Nelson bundle), maybe he's quicker in responding. I'm willing to spend 1620 dollars, to get to the 40% christmas credit bracket, but can only afford to do so if the order is placed in 2011 (because of tax reasons). So I'm hoping I get an email back with a great package deal (I filled my wishlist with stuff I like) before this year is over.

I'm very happy with the way Logos helped me in the past. I hope they can make me happy with some great deals this time too.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 9:42 AM

Jerry:

I had a similar experience. I've dealth with a single sales rep in the past - not the same one I got when I called. I did not get any deal I was not already aware of and on top of that was told that an email I received concerning the logos credit on upgrading base packages was incorrect. Some of the resources I wanted I have seen a much lower prices not more than a month or two ago. I felt pressured, to an extent to place the order, and was told he'd put it on 18 months for me (something I thought we couldn't get).  When I called back a second time and third time, I got similar responses as well with the minor difference that Logos was pulling IT to do sales orders and he could not speak to the deals. I finally just called back and canceled the whole thing. I love the software but it seems anyone other than my original sales representative was to stressed, busy, or grumpy to really assist. Logos lost a $2000+ sale as a result.

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:38 PM

WoW Alexander!!! You got 18 months???? I REALLY wish I had been told about THAT option. For me that would have been huge. I didn't really feel it was much of a conversation, either (well, no conversation at all... just told the rep the items that I was planning on purchasing, and he gave me the price at the end)... I actually felt like I was being rushed to get off the phone. I did place an order for some things to bring my total to the 30% bracket and I put it on my current payment plan. I did this 'cse the credit I earn will pay for the last of what I want from Logos (except for a small handful of pre-pubs that haven't been released yet). My deal was a savings of maybe 10% off what I would have paid had I ordered directly from the web... which amounted basically to getting a particular resource for free, so I can't complain. But my sense was that it wasn't any better than if I'd called any other time of the year. Plus it was the first time I'd kind of felt rushed to complete the order and hang up. I'm thinking it must be a pretty harried time there... had a fairly long time waiting on the phone, too, which wasn't my usual experience... but that is to be understood under the circumstances. I was glad to get in at all.

But sure wish I'd been told about 18 months, 'cse it would have made a big difference in how much I ordered, and now with the strain I will experience paying each month. i stretched myself considerably. Still within my means, but makes things tight. It will be worthwhile over the long run, though, due to the credit. Wouldn't advise that approach for folks in other situations.

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:17 PM

I had a fairly long, helpful, and low pressure conversation. Was offered 18 months and discounts ranged from 0 to 53%. If I buy everything that I'm looking at the discount would average a little over 24%. 

Posts 48
Chris Rees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 4:56 AM

Eric Weiss:

Dave Kaplan, my usual rep, is on vacation, so I spoke with Santiago, who was promoted awhile ago over the sales staff. I purchased LSJ at a discount and I will probably call back by Monday, January 2, to discuss some other possibilities. I can't afford to, and don't need to, upgrade to Portfolio, as I have several of the Portfolio books I want already, and I don't do or need Jewish studies material (I'll wait on the Tanakh stuff when and if my Hebrew improves) or have pastoral or theological or teaching responsibilities, but I told him if he could upgrade me to Portfolio for about $200 instead of $2,200 (I think that or $1,700 was Dave's offer recently), I'd consider it. Big Smile

Likewise...

I had 2 conversations with what I would regard as a 'not helpful' sales rep (name with-held), so didn't go back to him, but went via the standard number. Santiago picke dup the phone. Chalk and cheese? I can not compliment him highly enough. It was only when I received his email that I realised he was "Direct Sales Manager". He deserves his promotion is al lI can say!

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS