We Need To Have a Talk...

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 6:08 AM

Hope all of you who have had this negative experience with Logos sales were speaking to the same person. Would hate to think that Logos had more than one sales person of this type.

Over the last few years, I have dealt with Santiago, Dave Kaplan, and now Jason Cavanaugh. With ever conversation I have had nothing but a good experience. Earlier this year, Dave even found a $50 credit from 2004 that I had never used.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 7:08 AM

I have limited minutes on my phone and I spent 25 minutes on line getting through and then with a rep. I can see they are busy!

I explained what happened in my recent purchases. I had just purchased the $135 Greek-English lexicon (Liddell-Scott). Then there is the Christmas sale! I learned my lesson. Don't buy anything during the year! Wait for Santa to come!. Yeah.

I thought of buying the French Louis Segond but for $20 I couldn't. I have it free in E-Sword. So, not worth it to me, at least. Also, I have the ISBE latest edition in print so why pay $130 for an online edition when the print cost me much less when I bought it when it first came out. Upgrading my software would be a waste since I have the gold edition and have purchased many other books. There is nothing above my level I can use and most of the books offered in an upgrade would be useless to me.

Now that I got that off my chest....

Anyhow, I love the Logos4 software and use it every day. I am very appreciate for what they offer.

May Logos have a great 2012!

E.

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 8:35 AM

Simon:
So I'm hoping I get an email back with a great package deal

I would not wait for them to call.  If you are out of North America, skype should work fine for very low cost.

My first call to sales was useless... I did not buy anything.

Second call went through to a very helpful individual and spent probably more than I intended but got some great savings.

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 9:15 AM

Taxee:
a very helpful individual and spent probably more than I intended but got some great savings.

The story of my December Geeked Now, I probably should disconnect my phone and cancel my email address before he comes back Big Smile

Jason Cavanaugh, you have been too good at what you do.

Posts 48
Chris Rees | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 9:57 AM

Taxee:

If you are out of North America, skype should work fine for very low cost.

If you are in the UK, then anyone can use this access number - 0844 862 3019. Once connected to their system, just dial the full number as normal followed by #. The calls cost 1ppm which I believe is cheaper than a skype breakout call to the US.

Chris

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 10:11 AM

I loved Dave Kaplan, my original sales rep when I first bought Logos SIlver in the old Libronix 3 (?) days, and was a bit disappointed when I got referred to Santiago a few years ago because I thought it meant that Dave had left. Well, Santiago was and has been wonderful. Then a few months ago someone mentioned here that Dave Kaplan was his sales rep. So I called Logos and asked for Dave, and we became reconnected. He told me that Santiago had been promoted over the department, and had nothing but praise for him. I explained the mix-up and told him I'd use him as my sales rep again, but both of them are great.

As I said, when I called the other day Dave was on vacation, and I got referred to Santiago, who was great as usual. Now I have to begin thinking about what I may want to propose for other purchases by January 2.

I requested they split out Zerwick's Biblical Greek, Illustrated By Examples, from the $60+ Greek package that has an unnecessary-to-me Greek grammar attached so I could buy it. Santiago said that years ago Zerwick was available separately for $22, but no longer. He said he'd see if they could split it out again at some point. I have Zerwick's Grammatical Analysis, possibly redundant with all the lexical resources I have, but I always found it very handy to carry and use despite its horrible tearable (and terrible) cheap plastic cover and somewhat poor binding. I've gone through several copies that lugging around in my backpack destroyed over time.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2011 3:26 PM

Eric Weiss:
and was a bit disappointed when I got referred to Santiago a few years ago because I thought it meant that Dave had left. Well, Santiago was and has been wonderful. Then a few months ago someone mentioned here that Dave Kaplan was his sales rep. So I called Logos and asked for Dave, and we became reconnected. He told me that Santiago had been promoted over the department, and had nothing but praise for him. I explained the mix-up and told him I'd use him as my sales rep again, but both of them are great.

I have only been buying from Logos Sales since April 2008. Dave Kaplan has always been my guy. I too received a referral to Santiago and worried that Dave had left. I did enjoy a couple transactions with Santiago handling them but kept my business with Dave. I enjoy having the both of them. You are right to say they are both great. Whenever Dave is on vacation I know I can deal with Santiago and get the same satisfaction. I like the current chain-of-command because I feel I have an excellent Sales Team available rather than having to choose between which of two great guys to buy from.

btw: Dave Kaplan is on vacation right now. If you want to get in on some great holiday deals call or email Santiago and his Sales Team now. I'm sure they can get you satisfaction. Tell them I sent you and I might get a bonus! Stick out tongue (not really)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:00 PM

I was holding off on purchasing the Pillar NT Commentary 4 volume upgrade for $168, but then realized that would put my Christmas Deal purchases into the 25% bracket. By spending this additional $168 I would be getting about $153 in credits versus $89, a difference of $64, which effectively lowers the cost of my Pillar upgrade to $104, a bargain too good to pass up.

So watch those percentage-back levels and how close you are to the next one.

Posts 666
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:02 PM

I too sent an email on the 26th and still no reply on the 30th late.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:15 PM

I do want to let everyone know that Santiago made my situation correct. It seems that sales has been bogged so down with some higher call volumes. If you didn't have a good experience, please reach back out and try to get additional assistance. Go right to Santiago if you need!

Posts 1810
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 7:31 PM

This sale worked out very well for me tonight. I got a bit bigger of a discount than expected. It seems that in the past most things that I asked about were either not available on sale or very little off. I was finally able to get a commentary set that I have wanted for a couple of years and a two book bundle and still came in below the normal price of the commentaries alone. A nice Christmas credit made me smile as well. 

I doubted but Logos came through for me this year. Nice discount plus credit. I could get used to this Smile

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:37 AM

Alexander (and the rest of the thread)... Just wanted to say that this also was my experience. They have been very busy indeed, but with subsequent contact, they made things more than right. I received a very good deal on a number of things remaining on my list, and some things I likely would not otherwise have purchased. Thanks Logos... you've restored my faith in your responsiveness!!!

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2011 3:35 AM

It took some days, which I can understand in this busy time, and I got an anwer back from Santiago. Even though he couldn't give an extra discount, because of the academic discount (with exception of the Gottingen Septuagint and the Essential Biblical Studies Bundle), buying now is still interesting because of the Christmas credit you get.

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:14 AM

Hi!

Have all of you who sent e-mail to sales@logos.com got an answer and been able to make the purchase?

I sent mail 26th and got answer 31th, but the answer didn't have the personal Base package upgrade price I asked, only discount prices for other resources I asked. So I needed to ask it again and sen't an e-mail back but haven't got an answer. I'd like to buy the upgrade + resources and get the credit as well, but the time is running out.

Phone call to Logos is not an option for me.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 873
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:29 AM

Mikko Paavola:

Hi!

Have all of you who sent e-mail to sales@logos.com got an answer and been able to make the purchase?

I sent mail 26th and got answer 31th, but the answer didn't have the personal Base package upgrade price I asked, only discount prices for other resources I asked. So I needed to ask it again and sen't an e-mail back but haven't got an answer. I'd like to buy the upgrade + resources and get the credit as well, but the time is running out.

Phone call to Logos is not an option for me.

email santiago.galeano@logos.com

Good luck!

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 5:36 AM

I managed to make my purchases on time: Scholar's -> Scholar's Silver + some resources (like Greek Audio New Testament) with discount. Now I have also credit to buy Lexham Hebrew–English Interlinear + something else.

Thanks for Logos for these Christmas discounts!

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 740
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 3:39 PM

You just thought this thread was dead.

Since I was one of the ones who complained, I want to let you know that Logos treated me right in the end.

Santiago emailed me about 2 weeks ago or maybe longer. I responded that I had a serious family emergency and could not talk books either time-wise or emotion-wise. He asked me to get back with him when I was ready.

I finally felt good enough to talk this week.

He gave me a good deal, I bought more than I thought I would, and we both ended up happy.

Santiago explained to me that there were several new sales reps brought on in December, and some needed some training. He said this only as an explanation, not as an excuse at all.

Logos, you have a fine man working for you; hold on to him!

Santiago also took time to talk with me about my family emergency and promised to pray for us.

I could not be more happier and I hope the new guy that I had before settles in and has a great career at Logos.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 5:26 PM

Jerry Bush:
I want to let you know that Logos treated me right in the end.

Thank you for the update. Pray that your family emergency will be resolved soon.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS