Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:10 PM

Of course you get it quicker.  But here's my concern.  I thought I read someplace that you cannot transfer the license of a downloaded product.  If true that seems to mean that you don't really own downloaded products, you are in a sense just renting them.  I could be way off on this but I always try to buy CDs if I have the option instead of a download.

Anyone know if I am wrong? right?  What do you think?

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:19 PM

Randy Hartman:
I thought I read someplace that you cannot transfer the license of a downloaded product.

Unless I am mistaken, this was changed recently.  It is included in the $20(?) per transaction offer made by Bob earlier this summer.  Did I miss something?

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2024
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:25 PM

Yes the policy was recently changed.  Downloads can now be transferred for a small fee the same as CDs.  The information is in a post on the forum somewhere

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:27 PM

Ah.  Thanks.  Does the transfer fee for CD items remain at $20?  Or do I have that wrong?

Posts 2024
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:28 PM

I believe so, but I dont remember the specifics.  It is on the forum somewhere or perhaps someone else remembers.  The point is that it is a nominal fee, not a percentage or something outrageous

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:32 PM

MarkSwaim:
I believe so, but I dont remember the specifics.  It is on the forum somewhere or perhaps someone else remembers.  The point is that it is a nominal fee, not a percentage or something outrageous

I may have the amount wrong - but it is a minimal amount PER TRANSACTION, not per CD or per resource.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 2024
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:39 PM

Thanks for the correction.  I believe that is correct

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 6:47 PM

MarkSwaim:
Downloads can now be transferred for a small fee the same as CDs.  The information is in a post on the forum somewhere

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/87.aspx?PageIndex=4 under Bob Pritchett.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:00 PM

Randy Hartman:

Ah.  Thanks.  Does the transfer fee for CD items remain at $20?  Or do I have that wrong?

The transfer fee is $20 / transaction (which can include multiple resources), not $10 as was stated.  This is true for all transfers.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 109
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:25 PM

What if I want to give all my Logos resources to my son or grandchildren? Do I have to pay for what I have purchased to give them to one of my children?

Just curious, don't intend to check out very soon, but when I do........

BroJames

Posts 2024
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:30 PM

Yes, that has always been my big question as that is my intent as well...

My understanding (which can be corrected if it is wrong) is that a transaction fee will make the transfer to  a relative

Posts 25600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:41 PM

James H. Schafer:
What if I want to give all my Logos resources to my son or grandchildren?

Please check the Bob Pritchett reference given above, but here is a quote from it:-

So now, with a fixed license transfer fee of $20, I hope you'll find us fair. It costs us around $12 to take a customer service call, and there are other costs involved. (We need to redesign some of our systems to make this easier to do in the databases.) We're going to limit license transfers to "things you bought". That means you can transfer anything you purchased as a unit (which better matches what we track in our system), but we're not going to support unbundling a massively discounted collection so someone can make money re-selling a collection one book at a time for a sum more than the cost of the whole bundle.

Basically, you can transfer all your resources for $20 if you do it in a single call. It will cost you $20 every time you call Logos to make a transfer.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:56 PM

MarkSwaim:
My understanding (which can be corrected if it is wrong) is that a transaction fee will make the transfer to  a relative

That isn't my understanding.  I don't think anyone needs to produce a birth certificate.  Transfer it to your worst enemy if you wish.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:09 PM

George Somsel:
Transfer it to your worst enemy if you wish.

But George - why would anyone want to transfer anything to you?Devil

Blessing,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 391
Calvin Habig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:14 PM

I do believe there is an exception if the license-holder dies.  One of my parishioners died a year ago this week and his wife offered any of his Libronix resources that I didin't already have.  There was a form for her to fill out, but my understand was that there was/is no charge for transfering the resources (CD OR downloaded) of deceased people.  If any of you are willing to die and share your resources with me, don't hesitate to drop me a line!  Angel

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2009 8:28 PM

CalvinHabig:
I do believe there is an exception if the license-holder dies.

There may have been - but, if I understood Bob's announcement correctly, the change allowed them to be consistant across the board regardless of how, when, or why the transaction was made or the resources purchaced.  The only provision was the resourse that is transfered had to be purchased, that is, not part of a purchased collection.

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 2391
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2009 6:27 AM

Here is the link to Bob Prichett's explanation regarding transfer fees.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/87.aspx?PageIndex=4

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS