Reviews enabled on website!

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:11 PM

I've just noticed that it's now possible to post reviews and score resources on the Logos.com website. That's great news!

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:15 PM

Yay, very nice! I wonder if there's going to be a way to filter the website for products that have been reviewed or sort search results by customer rating or number of reviews.

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:39 PM

Now we just need some reviewers! I think I know of a few who could if they would...

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:40 PM

That is helpful--hopefully in a coming release we can create a review directly while in Logos4, perhaps in the "Info" panel of a resource.  That is usually where I consider such matters--tagging, rating, etc.

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:34 PM

Good idea. However, it is a doubled edged sword. I have seen people use the reviews on Amazon to write lengthy paragraphs to debate theological issues. Sighhhh. The more things change, the more they remain the same. Sad

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:43 PM

Mark Smith:

Now we just need some reviewers! I think I know of a few who could if they would...

I know someone who could be a good critic on 

Barnes' Notes on the Old and New Testaments

Wink

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:53 PM

Has anybody stumbled on any reviews that people have posted yet?

Posts 679
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:57 PM

I think reviews are a good thing. I usually read reviews before making purchases on Amazon. Those individuals who post unfair reviews are usually corrected by the majority with the truth. 

Way to go Logos with reviews on products on your site. Big Smile

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 8:19 PM

Slava Novik:

I know someone who could be a good critic on 

Barnes' Notes on the Old and New Testaments

Wink

Well if it's who I think, it would turn out to be an opinion, not a review. Angel

I do have to hand it to the Barnes boosters - they did it! Good for them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Nathan R. Elson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 8:29 AM

We kind of snuck this one out in the middle of the night.  In the coming months, and as reviews get populated we are going to add several new facets for searching and sorting with the data from reviews.  We are not quite there yet, but we will be soon enough.

Nathan

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 3:50 PM

Nathan R. Elson:

We kind of snuck this one out in the middle of the night.  In the coming months, and as reviews get populated we are going to add several new facets for searching and sorting with the data from reviews.  We are not quite there yet, but we will be soon enough.

Nathan

This is really great! Would please consider adding this feature to the Vyrso website as well! I am reading two books right now that were bought on Vyrso that would be fun to review. 

Blessings!

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 5 2012 4:45 PM

Rosie Perera:

Has anybody stumbled on any reviews that people have posted yet?

lol I was searching for and then going to ask the same question! Big Smile

Posts 1712
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 6 2012 5:58 PM

Nathan R. Elson:
We kind of snuck this one out in the middle of the night.  In the coming months, and as reviews get populated we are going to add several new facets ...

Thanks, Nathan (and Logos team)

User reviews will be very useful.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:43 PM

Yes

Posts 21
Brian Durbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:12 AM

With all the forum discussion this has generated in the past (and some now), I was surprised to find that there are still virtually no reviews. I looked up a dozen or so popular products and only found 1. So I went ahead and quickly posted a few reviews that I hope users will find helpful. I've been a student, the graduate research assistant to the head of our seminary's NT department, and am now a full-time preacher, so I've tried to comment on how helpful these resources are for these various aspects of useage. So far I've posted reviews for:

- Word Biblical Commentary

- R. Kent Hughes "Preaching the Word" Commentary series

- IVP New Testament Commentary series

- Commentary on the NT use of the OT by Beale and Carson. 

...more to come as I have time.... 

If you guys see products that have reviews listed, please share, as I'm always looking for user help in deciding on which new resources to purchase. 

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:30 PM

Brian Durbin:

With all the forum discussion this has generated in the past (and some now), I was surprised to find that there are still virtually no reviews. I looked up a dozen or so popular products and only found 1. So I went ahead and quickly posted a few reviews that I hope users will find helpful. I've been a student, the graduate research assistant to the head of our seminary's NT department, and am now a full-time preacher, so I've tried to comment on how helpful these resources are for these various aspects of useage. So far I've posted reviews for:

- Word Biblical Commentary

- R. Kent Hughes "Preaching the Word" Commentary series

- IVP New Testament Commentary series

- Commentary on the NT use of the OT by Beale and Carson. 

...more to come as I have time.... 

If you guys see products that have reviews listed, please share, as I'm always looking for user help in deciding on which new resources to purchase. 

Tell me what you think of my brief review of Wolf's book. http://www.logos.com/product/715/an-introduction-to-the-old-testament-pentateuch

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 10:44 PM

Lynden Williams:
Tell me what you think of my brief review of Wolf's book.

Lynden, Bravo!

I also took a spin with this book in an OT Overview course and am glad you mentioned Wolf's introductory treatment to alternate views.  I think its definitely a selling point.

I've posted a review for Lectures to my Students, Vol. 4: Commenting and Commentaries by Charles Spurgeon

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 12:38 AM

I also wrote a rather quick review of the Expositor's Bible Commentary from my iPad and found editing difficult.  After pressing enter twice and then typing my last sentence, I was unable to edit/add to my unsubmitted entry.  I then selected my entire text and copied it yet only my first paragraph was copied.  My solution was to copy what I could to Notes, add the last sentence by hand, edit, then copy the revised work and paste into a freshly navigated to EBC page.

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 10:54 AM

Excellent reviews, Paul and Lynden. I see there's also a "Like" feature (which I tried out, and it works great Smile) and a way to flag reviews as offensive.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:09 AM

Two features I felt were missing were the ability to edit one's submitted reviews and/or the ability to delete one's own submitted review if a mistake is noticed.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS