Reviews enabled on website!

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21
Brian Durbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:57 PM

I agree, hopefully this will be included in the features Logos says they are soon adding for reviews. Thanks for the updates guys, good reviews, keep 'em coming. 

Posts 19180
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:01 PM

Paul Newsome:

Two features I felt were missing were the ability to edit one's submitted reviews and/or the ability to delete one's own submitted review if a mistake is noticed.

Yes

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2012 7:15 PM

Rosie Perera:

Has anybody stumbled on any reviews that people have posted yet?

It's not much, but I took the time today to enter reviews into Logos for every resource that I've read cover to cover.

I realize some folks will want reviews to go into theological depth (like some of the reviews on Amazon)...mine are much more basic.

It is a pain to have to open Logos4 and the website and then search for a resource I want to review on the website--wish there was a direct way to do this from within L4 itself, or at least a hyperlink on the info about the resource in L4 that would at least open the product page on Logos' website.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have the review info for the Vyrso books--I've got a couple of those I could comment on if there was a way to do it (other than FB/etc)

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 4:55 AM

Paul Newsome:
 After pressing enter twice and then typing my last sentence, I was unable to edit/add to my unsubmitted entry.

Discovered that you must click a star rating before the software would allow a review to be posted. Apparently, zero stars is not an option.

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 8:22 AM

Rosie Perera:

Paul Newsome:

Two features I felt were missing were the ability to edit one's submitted reviews and/or the ability to delete one's own submitted review if a mistake is noticed.

Yes

YesYes

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 8:38 AM

Jack Caviness:
Discovered that you must click a star rating before the software would allow a review to be posted. Apparently, zero stars is not an option.

Yes but 1-star = "Hated it;" 2 stars = "Didn't like it;" Only 3 stars and above is positive, with 3 stars being a non-committal "It's okay"; 4 stars = "Liked it" 5 stars = "Loved it!"

I reviewed the ESVSB notes. After using it for a while, I've found it doesn't really stand out that much from other study Bibles in Logos, and it is very biased regarding the complementarian/egalitarian debate (the social roles of men and women). Still, I gave it 4 stars. I "like it," but I don't "love it."

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:51 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
1-star = "Hated it;'

Maybe I did not like it that much Big Smile Anyway, thanks for the insight into star ratings.

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 8:47 PM

Paul Newsome:

Paul, it is possible to delete your own review. There is a small delete button next to your review in the bottom right hand corner.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 8:57 PM

good catch Lynden!

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:01 PM

Here is another one. http://www.logos.com/product/9500/andrews-study-bible

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 19180
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:07 PM

People have been going to town on reviewing the Camp Logos DVDs: http://www.logos.com/product/9356/camp-logos-live

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:18 PM

Rosie Perera:
People have been going to town...

lol, Rosie

I posted one for Mark Futato's Beginning Biblical Hebrew

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:30 PM

Rosie Perera:

People have been going to town on reviewing the Camp Logos DVDs: http://www.logos.com/product/9356/camp-logos-live

... And we're already missing the point of reviews. I want to know about the DVD not whether you think it's fair that Logo's makes money on training material. Did you learn something from the DVD? Was it done well? Was it easy to understand? Please don't ruin the reviews with your pet peeves. I enjoy reading the forum too but it's getting harder and harder to find real helpful information buried under all the junk and fighting. Let's not ruin the reviews too.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:08 PM

L.D. Young:

Rosie Perera:

... And we're already missing the point of reviews. I want to know about the DVD not whether you think it's fair that Logo's makes money on training material. Did you learn something from the DVD? Was it done well? Was it easy to understand? Please don't ruin the reviews with your pet peeves. I enjoy reading the forum too but it's getting harder and harder to find real helpful information buried under all the junk and fighting. Let's not ruin the reviews too.

I agree...most of those are not actually reviews of the DVD's...and therefore not very helpful. I cannot purchase them now, but would like to in the future. It would be nice to read some reviews of how they actually work and or structured. 

Posts 11639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 2:34 AM

L.D. Young:

Rosie Perera:

... And we're already missing the point of reviews. I want to know about the DVD not whether you think it's fair that Logo's makes money on training material. Did you learn something from the DVD? Was it done well? Was it easy to understand? Please don't ruin the reviews with your pet peeves.

Yes I think it wasn't a good design decision to only allow "likes" for the reviews. Actually I dislike most of them. I haven't seen one that really reviews the product.

Then again: At least two are flagged as inappropriate - I'd expect an email to fly into someone's inbox the moment a review is flagged and I expect this someone to resolve the situation by either censoring or deleting comments or taking the flag away. Right now, the review feature is an invitation for trolls.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:08 PM

Rosie Perera:

...and someone flagged them all! Indifferent

Anyone post any reviews recently?

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 4:27 PM

Via e-mail today:

Dear Ward Walker,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and posting a review on our site. However, we have removed your review because it does not review the product itself. We invite you to submit a new review or share your feedback in ourcommunity forums.

Thank you again for your feedback. 

Logos Bible Software

support@logos.com

800-875-6467

UNQUOTE

I'm not sure which review this pertained to, and agree that my reviews are a bit on the light side (my thoughts/feelings/experience of reading a resource), but given the removal I'm pretty sure it is the last reviewing I attempt on Logos.

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS