Acadamic Programme

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
George Ruddell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:33 AM

Hello Everyone

I am an online Seminary student and have purchased items using Logos' Academic Program in the past. However, I cannot find the list of resources which are presently available in the Academic Program at discounted prices. Can anyone remind how I access this list and log back into the program?

Thank you ... in anticipation!!

George

Posts 612
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:49 AM

You will need to call customer service. They will probably have you fill out some paper work and send them some material proving your student status to them. 

Posts 25333
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 9:54 AM

Hi George

To submit an application online go to http://www.logos.com/academic/program

The programme was reworked last year so it could be managed online

Graham

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 10:39 AM

Graham Criddle:
The programme was reworked last year so it could be managed online

To elaborate a bit, when you're logged in to the main Logos site, it recognizes if you've been approved as part of the academic program (note the corrected spelling ;). If you are approved in the program, you'll see an information bar near the top of Logos site pages to that effect.

The site will then give you an academic price for any resources you're looking at. I believe that most of the time it displays that price correctly if you're looking at the page for an individual resource, but it doesn't give an indication on the resource page as to whether the price is an academic price. If you add the item to your cart, you'll see a conspicuous "Academic pricing" comment below the item if an academic price was applied.

Note also that you can apply to be part of the program completely online. That's how I did it. You start out with a preliminary acceptance, and about 2 - 3 days later you'll get notified if you're approved.

Donnie

Posts 79
George Ruddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 11:19 AM

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your helpful replies. The point which you have all missed is that I have been approved already - maybe 3 years ago - for the academic program and have bought stuff before at academic prices. Do I have to re-submit an application? If so, why?

George

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 7 2012 12:37 PM

You probably have to re-apply. They have time limits for eligibility. It seems to be six months, as mine began in September and expires in March. I'm guessing they're thinking is that people aren't in school forever. Or they may be taking a term off.

Donnie

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS